Old provider still showing on fing app

marka7763marka7763 Member Posts: 1
edited January 20 in Fing App Tips & Tricks
I have recently changed internet provider. Why does the fing app still show the old provider?

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,351
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @marka7763, which app are you using?  The desktop or the mobile?
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Robin
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,193
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @marka7763
    If you are using Fingbox then you need to reset Fingbox and then it will show new ISP name. 
    Unfortunately, as of now, there is no way to change the name of the SSID with the current SSID. The problem here is due to the fact that the SSID is saved in the network when the user performs the scan using the Fing App (also when onboarding the Fingbox). After this 1st scan, all other scans are being done by the Fingbox itself, but since the Fingbox is connected through a wired LAN cable, it's not capable of detecting new SSID(s) in the network. At the moment, apart from uninstalling the Fingbox and reinstalling it, there is no way of updating the SSID
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • brettbrett Member Posts: 5
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited January 26
    I had the same problem, just moved to London, set up new home network, but under Fingbox > Network > Access Points it still shows the SSID I used for my home network in Shanghai.
    After that, today I reset the Fingbox using the reset button on the back (flashing white lights), and deleted and re-installed the Fing app, but I still see that old SSID. It didn't seem to ask me to add a new Fingbox when I launched the Fing app and signed in... it just looks same as before.
    How do I do a complete reset of Fingbox and add it as a new Fingbox? I'm a bit worried I can't troubleshoot the Fingbox or my whole network properly if there are remnants of old data in there.
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,193
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    brett said:
    I had the same problem, just moved to London, set up new home network, but under Fingbox > Network > Access Points it still shows the SSID I used for my home network in Shanghai.
    After that, today I reset the Fingbox using the reset button on the back (flashing white lights), and deleted and re-installed the Fing app, but I still see that old SSID. It didn't seem to ask me to add a new Fingbox when I launched the Fing app and signed in... it just looks same as before.
    How do I do a complete reset of Fingbox and add it as a new Fingbox? I'm a bit worried I can't troubleshoot the Fingbox or my whole network properly if there are remnants of old data in there.
    Can you DM me the MAC address of your Fingbox and I will reset it from my side so you can connect again? 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!