Multiple Interface Support in Fing Desktop

DavidF
DavidF Member Posts: 34
10 Comments 5 Answers First Anniversary 5 Agrees
✭✭
Hello, 
Fing desktop seems to support multiple interfaces on the host PC. In my case, I have a wired connection to my primary network. I also have a wireless connection that I bring up as needed to my IoT network (I keep all my assistants, cameras, etc on a separate network). 
Fing sees both network interfaces fine: 

However, choosing to scan the wireless (10.10.7.0/24) always takes me back to the 192.168.86.0/24 (primary) scan results. It never scans the second network. 
Am I doing something wrong, is this not yet supported, or is there another issue?
I am running Fing Desktop 2.4.1 with NPCAP. 
David

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 3,060
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your question @DavidF. @Ciaran or @Robin from Fing, could you clarify if the desktop can support his scenario?  A number of forum members have similar questions.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Marc
    I need to investigate further but as you mentioned your device is connected to both wired and Wireless at same time. If you remove the Wired connection, does the Fing desktop scan the wireless connection then? Can you check?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • DavidF
    ✭✭
    Yes, the problem only occurs when connected to both networks. 
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    DavidF said:
    Yes, the problem only occurs when connected to both networks. 
     Thanks. When both networks are connected, Are you able to see the start of the scan or only the result of the wired network when you have selected another interface? 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • DavidF
    ✭✭
    It takes me to the results of the wired network automatically. I do not see the start of the scan. 
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    DavidF said:
    It takes me to the results of the wired network automatically. I do not see the start of the scan. 
    Can you share log files with us so we can investigate?
    1. Share the agent log: To access the agent log files: 

•  

• Click on the Fing Desktop version in the bottom-left hand side of the screen 

• This will display two folders to open. We will need specific files from each of these folders. 

• Firstly, click on 'Open App Log Folder' 

• When the folder opens, we will now need to compress and share the log.log file (titled 'log' - all lowercase). To compress and share: right click on the file; choose 'Send to' & then choose 'Compressed zip folder'. 

• Back in Fing Desktop, now click on the 2nd folder 'Open Service Log Folder' 

• Compress all files inside the Service Log folder and follow the same process as previous.  

Please attach both compressed files and DM to me. Finally, please copy and paste the following URL into your browser "http://127.0.0.1:48080/getFingagentinfo". This will then display device information. Please copy and paste the text into your DM to me.

Robin (Admin at Fing)