Fing becomes part of the Lansweeper family

2»

Comments

• NightlyAlphaNightlyAlpha Member, Beta Tester Posts: 12
    10 Comments Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic

If I may chip in about the premium

When you have announced the premium membership/service, fingbox owners did get that membership for free because of the fingbox.

Since the acquisition, my account doesn't have that premium anymore, and is set back to "free membership" without any notice.

Bought the v1 little after the Indiegogo/Kickstarter campaign, as I was too late to back it. And I was thinking of upgrading to the V2. But after this action I have to reconsider it.

Unknown
  • UnknownUnknown Member, Beta Tester Posts: 5
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

@NightlyAlphaI have the same thought about upgrade to v2 fingbox. But after this premium problem I will cancel it

• CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,174
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    edited November 2020
    @NightlyAlpha, to clarify, we first launched Fing Premium in June (long before the Lansweeper acquisition). If you have never subscribed to Fing Premium, you have always been on the Free version. Hence there has been no change to your subscription since the Lansweeper acquisition or otherwise. No Fingbox tools have been removed from you/your Fingbox. We have received feedback from users in relation to the changes to the monthly internet performance report & timeline reporting. This feedback has been taken and communicated to our product team for review. We will revert with any feedback/update on this. But to confirm, besides the aforementioned reporting timeline/detail, absolutely no functionality has been removed from the Fingbox. Going forward, we will be adding new functionality to Fing Premium that will benefit some Fingbox users. However, it is completely up to users if they would like to subscribe, if the new features do not appeal to users, they can still to continue to use the existing suite of Fingbox functionality (i.e. the same as before). If you are having any issues accessing or operating any functionality please visit our knowledge base, or set up a new post with as much detail as possible and we will be happy to assist https://help.fing.com/article-categories/fingbox/. Thank you once again all for your feedback, and as mentioned, I will revert with any feedback in relation to the feedback already received in relation to the Monthly Performance report & timeline reporting. 

(EDITED) Please see below the update & feedback as promised:

As promised, we have heard you and have completed the following: 

1. We compiled all of your feedback regarding Timeline reporting & Monthly Performance report and communicated this with our Product team for consideration. 
    2. Reached out to a sample group of Fingbox users to take part in a ‘Focus Group’ to discuss this feedback 
    3. Some of you reported confusion that the Vulnerability tool was not working from your ‘Home’ tab and was appearing as a Premium feature, even though you have a Fingbox. To confirm, the Vulnerability tool still worked from the Fingbox Dashboard, but I completely appreciate how this caused confusion. 

Please see below the feedback & updates in relation to the concerns raised: 

Based on your feedback we are making the following changes:  

• Monthly Performance Reports:  The Internet Performance Report is a most-loved feature, which we spent quite some time in restructuring and improving on recently. The detailed calendar and day-by-day account appeal mostly to PROs, that are also likely to be Premium members, and clog up the report for the not-interested audience, hence the restriction. 

However, after reviewing your feedback, it is clear that there is a wider user base who found this feature beneficial. We are going to reinstate Internet reports details in full.  

• Timeline Reporting: We want to leverage its content to the full extent rather than cold-storing it (or worse, having to delete the content), as it provide tremendous value to understand and optimize the network. We’ve not been able so far to provide analysis about the presence, the power consumption, the access to comparison in the App spanning longer periods. These evolutions require more resources to ensure the same level of quality is preserved to all Fingboxes. 

While reducing the access to the Internet Report was more about simplifying the content, limiting the timeline is a resource-conscious activity that we might tune but definitely needs to take place. Considering this, along with your feedback, we are going to expand the Timeline Reporting period to 3 months. 

• Vulnerability Tool: as mentioned, we escalated the feedback about the Vulnerability tool not working from the ‘Home’ tab in the app. I agree that this was confusing. This change has been made this week, and now the vulnerability tool will now function from the Home tab (not just on the Fingbox dashboard) if you have a Fingbox (even if you are not subscribed to Fing Premium). 

Ok, so when will these changes take place? 
      As mentioned, the change to the Vulnerability tool has been implemented already. The changes to the Timeline reporting & the Monthly performance report will be implemented by the end of November (in time for your November Monthly Report). The change will be retroactive for October also (i.e. you will be able manually to download a report for October also) 

To close… 
      As mentioned, we have not and have no intention of removing existing Fingbox functionality. Also, we will be adding additional features for Fingbox, however this will be part of the Fing Premium subscription.  

Thank you once again for your feedback & I hope you enjoy the improvements made based on your feedback. 

Ciaran, Robin & wider Fing Team 
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • RoelRoel Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

Hi All,

My name is Roel & I am the CMO of Lansweeper.

I have read your feedback in relation to the exciting news of the recent Lansweeper/Fing acquisition. Thank you all for this feedback to date. I would like to address some of the points raised & in turn, invite you to a live Q&A video call, should you have any further questions.

I thought Lansweeper is B2B focused company? If so, why Fing?

Yes, Lansweeper is a B2B company, that is where our focus lies. However, we acquired Fing because of the people, the technology and the very impressive Device Recognition capability. This capability is fueled by an ecosystem of people using the technology, namely the many users like you.

By leveraging the device recognition capabilities, we want to improve both our B2B Lansweeper offerings and B2C Fing offerings moving forward. We want to continue to invest in the DR capability as it aligns directly with our mission and goals.

How does this benefit Fing & wider Fing Community?

Lansweeper is a fast growing, profitable company. By becoming part of Lansweeper, the Fing team will not only get the benefit of being part of a larger, experienced organization that is focused on the IT Asset Management challenge; they will also have more freedom to invest and grow and take Fing forward at an accelerated pace.

As a result of this, the wider Fing Community will see continued improvements in device recognition capabilities & functionalities of Fing products moving forward (both new and existing).

As mentioned, if you have any outstanding questions and would like to join a live Q&A via video call in the coming weeks (date to be confirmed), please direct message @Ciaran (Admin) to express your interest, who in turn will provide more detail once dates & times are finalised. We would love to hear form you.

Thank you all for your continued support,

Roel

Ciaran
  • KrejarKrejar Member Posts: 7
    First Anniversary Founder Photogenic First Comment
    ✭✭

So. Having been a backer of the crowdfunding and still using version 1 of the actual Fingbox, I updated the app today. Wish I didn’t. All functions I rely on are now behind a paywall.

Good luck. I’ve used Lansweeper for the past 5.5 years. Great product, but damn if it isn’t always raising prices and causing headaches for their customers. This is particularly concerning because what common household is running Lansweeper at home?

My version 1 box is going in storage. It’s was a great run while it lasted.

• CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,174
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Krejar, thank you for your comment. To confirm, no existing Fingbox functionality has been removed for Fingbox users (indeed since the initial launch we have added additional free functionality that remains free today). In the last number of months, we have launched Fing Premium, where we will be adding additional features. If you are interested in those features, you can subscribe, but you are certainly not obliged to to access your existing Fingbox features.  Typically, if you are seeing that you do not have access to functionality you previously had access to, it may indicate that you are not signed into the account associated with the Fingbox.  Please go to the 'Account' tab within the app and ensure you are signed into the correct account. If you are still experiencing issues, please advise which functionality you are referring to. We can then advise further.
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • HappyChapHappyChap Member, Beta Tester Posts: 21
    10 Comments 5 Agrees First Anniversary 5 Likes
    ✭✭
    Hi, the Wifi performance history seems to have been removed? I now have just 2 recent tests and it tells me to see more I now need to pay to join premium. When you say “nothing has been removed”, am I missing something obvious to get this back?
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,206
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    HappyChap said:
    Hi, the Wifi performance history seems to have been removed? I now have just 2 recent tests and it tells me to see more I now need to pay to join premium. When you say “nothing has been removed”, am I missing something obvious to get this back?
    Can you share the screenshot of the Home tab of the Fing app so I can guide you? Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • HappyChapHappyChap Member, Beta Tester Posts: 21
    10 Comments 5 Agrees First Anniversary 5 Likes
    ✭✭
    Thanks for your reply @Robin and the screen shots are below (yes, I have my Fingbox correctly setup on my Home screen):

and when I pick my Fingbox network and look at Wi-Fi performance, it says that other performance tests are only available if I go premium.

To be honest, when I hit this problem, I followed-up on someone else's post about the same thing, so I think I've ended up duplicating this issue (sorry, my bad). The other thread is here:

https://community.fing.com/discussion/5989/events-history-still-premium-nothing-changed-but-threads-keep-getting-closed#latest

So I'm happy if you'd prefer to just follow-up in one thread.

Thanks, HC.
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,206
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks @HappyChap
    I will reply to your original post then and closing this thread here. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!