How to stop Fing from crying wolf?
Here in my Windows 10 System Tray is a bright red check mark on the Fing icon, but it's not a network issue. No one has hacked my system. It's only Fing huckstering for "the last Fing sale of the year." Another needless false alarm. I no longer bother to check the app that cries wolf despite being paid for an ad-free subscription. Fing claims to be a champion of privacy yet gets really, really annoyed if you don't allow them to sell your info to interest-based advertisers — nagging popups on my iOS devices making me decline time after time. Is there a way to stop the peddling madness?
- 5.7K All Categories
- 2.7K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 1.1K Devices & Security
- 1.6K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 112 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 43 Network Infrastructure
- 5.3K Ask about Fing
- 539 Fing Account Change Request
- 1.1K Fing Desktop
- 1.3K Fing App
- 1.7K Fingbox
- 528 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 157 Community Updates
- 28 Getting started
- 13 Community User Guides