FingApp Vs FingDesktop Vs FingWeb

AndeAnde Member Posts: 3
First Comment Photogenic
edited April 2020 in Fing App Feature requests
I don't understand why I have to change the name of the devices according to the app I'm using while there is no "central repo" where to store information once. Could you please think about it ?
I use Fing on iPhone and iPad and is really boring to replicate the info twice each time.
Thanks
-a-
MarcTuxmasterflexmozarellaAndeoliMillertourigaflashflash99
8 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,122
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ande , its a good suggestion and I've changed this to an idea for you so others can vote on.  This allows Fing to see what the community thinks of it as well.  If you could upvote it yourself by clicking on the up arrow, others can as well.  

Note that the web and mobile app should sync assuming you log in with the same account, the desktop however is a separate app and would not.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • mozarellamozarella Member, Beta Tester Posts: 111
    100 Comments 5 Answers 25 Likes First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Actually it would be great to have the SAME functionality in all three systems, FingApp, FingDesktop and FingWeb. Especially when using one or more fingboxes. I've tried to upvote, but doesn't work at moment.
    Tuxmasterflex
  • AndeAnde Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited April 2020
    Sorry, I don’t know how to do it (upvote), can’t find the up arrow.
    update: found the arrow but does not work. It told me “Category is not made for ideation”
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @ande no worries, Scroll back up and just click on the zero icon.  I put a screenshot below to show.  Click the icon that the red arrow Points to.

✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    mozarella said:
    Actually it would be great to have the SAME functionality in all three systems, FingApp, FingDesktop and FingWeb. Especially when using one or more fingboxes. I've tried to upvote, but doesn't work at moment.

Once @Ande Does the initial upvote, you will be able to add to it.
  • TuxmasterflexTuxmasterflex Member Posts: 16
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Marc said:
    @ande no worries, Scroll back up and just click on the zero icon.  I put a screenshot below to show.  Click the icon that the red arrow Points to.

The voting function seems to be inopt.  I can't vote on any posts to also include my own......?
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tuxmasterflex and @Ande , I moved this to an idea thread area and did the first upvote.  Please feel free to add your votes as well.  Sorry for any confusion.
  • mozarellamozarella Member, Beta Tester Posts: 111
    100 Comments 5 Answers 25 Likes First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    upvote is done. Actually it didn't work before, but now it's working (tried the same way before).
  • AndeAnde Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic
    Now it works. Thanks you.
  • flashflash99flashflash99 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    I just upvoted this post. However, there still seems to be a problem with upvoting some posts. The upvote arrow is absent on this post:
    "Fixing Placement Names".https://community.fing.com/discussion/4521/fixing-placement-names#latest

✭✭✭✭✭✭

I can see it, though if you have already upvoted it, you would only see a downvote arrow.