Mesh network - Fing app thinks I’m on different network
I have a Netgear Orbi mesh network with one main router and two satellites. When I hit “Scan for devices” in the Fing app on my iPhone, it asks me to “Switch to active Fingbox”, ie as if the network I am connected to is not my home (the active) network, which has the Fingbox connected. Is there a way around this? Or will the Fing app always think I am not on my home network due to the mesh setup?
Currently I have a Virgin Media router in modem mode which is connected to the Orbi router. The Orbi router in turn is connected to a Netgear switch, and my Fing box is connected to that.
- 5.6K All Categories
- 2.7K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 1.1K Devices & Security
- 1.6K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 112 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 45 Network Infrastructure
- 5.1K Ask about Fing
- 541 Fing Account Change Request
- 1.1K Fing Desktop
- 1.3K Fing App
- 1.6K Fingbox
- 529 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 151 Community Updates
- 22 Getting started
- 13 Community User Guides