MAC & iPhone Off But Showing Online

Bitsy
Bitsy Member Posts: 20
10 Comments Photogenic
edited November 27, 2020 in Fing App #1

Why is my MAC and iPhone showing online when they are shut down/turned off?

Answers

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,052
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Bitsy
    Can you check if Fing app is able to recognize the device MAC address correctly? Are you using Ios14? Is the private mac address under Wifi settings disabled?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Bitsy
  • Bitsy
    10 Comments Photogenic

No. And, the latest odd thing is when I compare what devices are on Xfinity (my WiFi) Xfinity is showing my Roku devices are online but Fing is not showing my Rokus. Fing WAS showing the Rokus. My iPhone is also shows up as different names. I have many other strange things going on too. I want to find out if my iPhone or social media accounts have been cloned.

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,052
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Any advice @Marc @kltaylor @Pixel @rooted
    Thanks

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Pixel
    Pixel Devon, U.K.Member, Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 248
    25 Answers 100 Comments 25 Likes First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2020 #5
    Just in case you haven’t already done this, have you rescanned your network? Sometimes, not all, you can get stuck looking at cached network connections rather than actual current status which would display devices in the incorrect state. This would also apply if you’re using Fingbox so make sure you have rescanned from both.
    Also, if your Mac & Phone are switched of what device (& OS) are you viewing the network from?
    Can you successfully Ping the devices when they are “Powered Down?” 
    Bitsy
  • Bitsy
    10 Comments Photogenic
    Thank you.  
  • Bitsy
    10 Comments Photogenic
    Yes, but when I leave my wifi/house, it does not show that my phone is off the network.  But the MAC address shows up on my Xfinity Wifi scan.
  • Bitsy
    10 Comments Photogenic
    I will try and Ping when they are shut down.  Thank you.