Unknown Generic Azule device and additional iPhone IP address

Sunflower
Sunflower Member Posts: 5
First Comment Photogenic
Hi, 
I am trying to sort out some devices on my network. First, there is a generic device on our account that shows up as on all the time on the FING program. The MAC address indicates it is made by Azule, so ought to be a mini PC or like product. However, we do not own any mini PCs, and are strictly a Apple family.

On my Verizon router, however, the same internal private IP address (starts with a 192 just as our router does) shows up only intermittently (when I sign into the router) as Active.  The listing, of course, remains there as Inactive. No one in the family could identify the device,  or was willing to admit what it was. So we added it to the block list on the router's firewall. However, it still shows up at "on" via the Fing app. 
Any idea how I can find out what kind of device it is? When I ping it the ping graph goes up and down, all over the place. Could it be associated with something on the router itself somehow?

We do not have a smart home or any such devices. Our video games, printer, etc etc are all accounted for and named on other devices found by the network. 

I'm confused and would like to figure out what it is. I have some concern that someone in my family could have set up a device without my knowing--either a teenager or my spouse. 

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,580
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sunflower, they also make embedded and iOt devices.  Not necessarily just stand alone mini PC’s.  So its possible a device, even your ISP’s modem/router, could be using it. 
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Sunflower
    First Comment Photogenic

Thanks! I was able to check the longer MAC address and find it’s actually made by Azurewave technologies not Azulle. They seem to make a variety of cameras and also mini pC chips. I don’t think our Apple devices have those but I might be incorrect.

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,580
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Apple devices probably not but if you have anything like a camera, smart device, smart doorbell, thermostat,  etc, it could be using that.  That’s the problem with embedded devices, they often don’t match the brand of the actual device you are using.  You would need to shut down your devices, one at a time till it no longer responds in order to narrow it down.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Sunflower
    First Comment Photogenic

Thanks. No smart devices in the house or security cameras but I read that PlayStations might use it. Thanks for the suggestion to re-add devices if need be.

• Vicentejrs0000
    Vicentejrs0000 Curvelo-MgMember Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment

Ótimo

• rhclinton
    rhclinton Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic
    My Fing listing shows one AzureWave device which is identified as an 

Intel Compute Stick STCK1A32WFC

which has been inactive since March.  
    Robert

• Robin
    Robin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,614
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    rhclinton said:
    My Fing listing shows one AzureWave device which is identified as an 

Intel Compute Stick STCK1A32WFC

which has been inactive since March.  
    Robert

You can remove the device by clicking on it and then scroll down to remove it. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • CmputrAce
    CmputrAce Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    I have three PlayStations in the house and no device like you mention. Have you gotten any new appliances in the past few years? Many of them can be smart home enabled even if you didn't buy it for that and didn't set it up. It could be trying to connect.