UPnP ports still being detected after disabling UPnP on modem/router

ThAn80752
ThAn80752 Member Posts: 8
Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
edited December 2, 2020 in Devices & Security #1
Hello, I'm not sure why a port scan is still detecting an open port after shutting it off on my modem/router. Any assistance or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,725
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @ThAn80752
    After disabling UPnp on router, have you rebooted the router and after that run the scan and see if the same results are displayed? 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
    ThAn80752
  • ThAn80752

Hello Robin, thank you for your feedback. After disabling UPnP on the router, rebooting the router and running the scan, the results persist; the open port is still being detected.

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,725
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    ThAn80752 said:

Hello Robin, thank you for your feedback. After disabling UPnP on the router, rebooting the router and running the scan, the results persist; the open port is still being detected.

Can you check with some other tools if the results matches with Fing app or not? Can you check with your ISP as well if the ports are open from their side or not?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • ThAn80752
    I'm not sure I understand the first part of that response; I can check with my ISP, however.