Premium?

HughdmanHughdman Member Posts: 2
First Comment
edited November 2020 in Fing App Tips & Tricks

I have had my Fing for two years now and am generally very pleased with the Services included with My Fing1. I've certainly got my money's worth out of it. I don't mind paying for premium, but wonder what elevated level of services I can expect? Will it include anything like snort? I already get instant notifications when a device is added to my network. I can already get reports of a simple nature. Will the reports be available in some sort of CSV format for download? If this is just another way to crowdfund something I've had for a while I'm willing to do that. I donate to Wikipedia after all, no Fing is a no brainier.

Answers

• msrlmsrl Member Posts: 0
    First Anniversary Photogenic

i see that fing app asks me to purchase the premium account, but i have all features already with fingbox. so i am confused...

did fing company downgrade fingbox users with less features so they will have to buy it?

• HughdmanHughdman Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

Is there a compelling difference between the thing too and the thing one to just fire replacing the one with the two?

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,044
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    edited November 2020
    Hi @Hughdman @msrl

All of your Fingbox functionality will still work as previously without having to upgrade to premium.

To clarify:   In recent months we have launched Fing Premium. Fing Premium subscribers will have access to additional features, services, tools etc. that expand the functionality of the free version of the software.

Premium Plan info: https://app.fing.com/internet/account/subscribe/choose#

Since its introduction, we continued to add features to Fingbox, free of charge (e.g. auto-block functionality, expanded monthly reports etc.). All of these existing Fingbox functionality will still work on Fingbox and there is no subscription required to access these features on your Fingbox. 

We now currently have 3 product offerings: 

1. Fing Mobile App

2. Fing Desktop

3. Fingbox

Currently, whilst there are benefits for Fingbox users (e.g. local API tool), Fing Premium is particularly beneficial to the Mobile App & Fing Desktop users. However, going forward, we do plan on adding additional features that will also further benefit Fingbox users.

It is completely optional if users want to subscribe or not, as mentioned if you are a Fingbox user, none of your Fingbox features or functionalities have been affected.

I hope this helps

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • djcdjc Member, Beta Tester Posts: 6
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment
    Another early Fingbox user (Indiegogo) that's confused. So basically, at this time premium doesn't offer much for us Fingbox users? Am I understanding correctly? I love my Fingbox and find it quite useful but haven't been following the updates recently w/r/t Premium.
  • CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,162
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @djc, that is correct. There are certainly benefits such as local API functionality, but currently the users that will get most benefit from Fing Premium are Mobile App users & Fing Desktop users. However, going forward we will be adding additional functionality for Fingbox users also. THough, of course, Fing Premium is optional and users are certainly not obliged to purchase to access their existing Fingbox functionalities. Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
This discussion has been closed.