Account corruption popup

Sintx
Sintx Member Posts: 15
Second Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Likes Name Dropper

Every time I link to my Fing network on the Fing app I get a account corruption and repair notice pop up. I have already tried to delete the app and reinstall but to no avail. It seems to be in the online part of the account.

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,714
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Sintx.  Could you post a screenshot of the error?  Also, tagging in @Robin from Fing for visibility.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,885
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    edited November 27, 2020 #3
    Thanks @Marc You can mark the steps below for this "Account Corruption error" as well. :smile:
    @Sintx

I understand you are seeing the following message 'Fing Account corruption detected, automatic fix ongoing...'. 

This happens if the data we have in our system is inconsistent with the data on the mobile. When this happens, the Fing App tries to adjust it on the mobile, but sometimes this doesn't work. 

To resolve this, please go to: 

- 'Accounts & Settings' display (by clicking on the icon/avatar in the bottom right-hand corner of the main display on-screen on the App) 

- Click on 'Account storage' 

- Click 'Restore' 

This should clear data from the mobile and re-downloads everything and should resolve this issue. 

Also, If this doesn't resolve then if you remove the old networks from the list and then run the scan again, it will solve the issue. 

To remove old Networks, please follow these steps:  
    1. Open the Fing App and then click on 3 lines icon
    2. You will all networks from there.   

3. Either Long Press or Swipe on network to delete the network 
    4. Select 'Delete' and then go back  
    5. Go to 'Accounts & Settings' display 
    6. Click on 'Account storage'  
    7. Click 'Synchronize'  

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Sintx

@robin attached tbe screenshot of the error message. I have followed all the steps. Deleted the networks and rescanned. Still the same message. It looks like there might be a second network on my account that is not visible to me on the app or website.

• Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    @Sintx
    Are you using Fing desktop? Can you log in to Fing web app and delete all networks from there? Also, Can you click on Account tab from Fing mobile app and then go to account settings and then click on 'Restore' and then check if the issue persists?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Sintx
    Hello Robin, Sorry for the long time lapses, it has been very busy and this hasn't always mode the cut. Attached is the screenshot from the phone, (latest iOS, latest Fing release) I have deleted all networks, restored, prayed, removed the Fing app and reinstalled it. and I don't remember what else. I just can't seem to get rid of this popup. 
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    @Sintx
    In this case, the account might have corrupted. To resolve this, you need to delete all networks from the Fing app and then scan the network again.

To delete the network from the Fing App, please follow these steps:

• Sign in to Fing App and from the Home tab, click on "3 Lines icon"

• This will take you through to the All Networks screen which contains a list of all your networks.

• Swipe left on the Network or long tap on the network and then click on the Delete that appears. This will remove the network you have already configured.

Robin (Admin at Fing)