Added new Router--Pulsing green light won't go away

AustinJerryAustinJerry Member Posts: 72
25 Likes 10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Agrees
✭✭✭
I installed a new router yesterday and everything with the new device is working properly.  However, the Fingbox is showing a pulsing green LED light pattern that I cannot resolve.  I have looked everywhere in the Fing app and see no errors or notifications.  I have tried powering the Fingbox off and on, reset the router and cable modem, but nothing seems to resolve the issue.  Help please.
Fingbox owner from the beginning

Answers

• AustinJerryAustinJerry Member Posts: 72
    ✭✭✭
    This issue has been resolved.  23 hours after my new router was installed, during which it seemed to be working flawlessly, I received an alert in Fing that my "WPS Access Point" was in a blocked state.  Since I recall that Fing labelled my router as a WPS access point, I clicked on the button that said "Unblock device", and now the green LED ring is solid as it should be.  While I am relieved that the issue is resolved, several questions remain unanswered.  First of all the Fing LED Light Guide states that a pulsing green light signifies "Ready for Activation".  What does that mean, and how is it going to help us resolve the issue?  Second, if the router was in a blocked state, how come I was able to set everything up successfully, without any sign that something was wrong?
    ✭✭✭
    Still waiting for an answer to my question--"the Fing LED Light Guide states that a pulsing green light signifies "Ready for Activation".  What does that mean?".
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,760
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Still waiting for an answer to my question--"the Fing LED Light Guide states that a pulsing green light signifies "Ready for Activation".  What does that mean?".
    It means the Fingbox is able to connect to its cloud servers and you can add the Fingbox to your Fing account now.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I am not following.  I have had the Fingbox since it was first released, so not sure why it needed to be added to my account.  As I mentioned before, I was able to successfully install and configure my new router, but received an alert almost 24 hours later that the router was "blocked".  Granting access immediately caused the LED light pattern to revert to the solid green "normal" state.  Why was the router functional if it was blocked (including working fine with the Fing app), and what does being blocked have to do with "Ready for Activation"?

My point is that the description for the pulsing green ring doesn't correlate for the actual cause of the issue.  Regardless, everything is working fine now.
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,760
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @AustinJerry
    If you are using the V1-Fingbox, the led might corresponds to new device detected or blocked which can be checked on the Fing app. As you mentioned you changed your router, did you reset the Fingbox and then added the Fingbox again otherwise Fingbox will remember the router it was activated on and thus might create some error.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    ✭✭✭
    I did not reset the Fingbox when the new router was installed.  There were no warning messages alerting me that this would be required.  Remember, in my first post, I reported that it was almost a full 24 hours later that I received a message that the router was blocked.  So, the purpose of me reporting this is 1) why is the explanation of the pulsing green light so vague, and 2) why didn't I receive the warning that the router was blocked sooner?

Regardless, the issue has been resolved, and we can move on now.
    Robin
  • KsalnoKsalno Member, Beta Tester Posts: 3
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    Exact same situation. I replaced my router today. My Fingbox is acting normal and no alerts or notifcations but it's pulsing green. I checked my account, don't see any option to add the new router. I guess I'll have to wait to get the blocking message tomorrow to resolve. Sort of a stupid process.
  • CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,092
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Ksalno I have sent you a private message in order to get more information off of you to investigate further. Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • KsalnoKsalno Member, Beta Tester Posts: 3
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    I pulled up the Fing app on my iPhone, which I don't normally use (I use mostly iPad or WinPC apps). I found it had two version of my Verizon network in it. I deleted one and that seems to have corrected the problem. Unfortunately, I know have to go through my 100+ devices and recognize them, because they don't carry over with the new router.
    Ciaran
  • CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,092
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Ksalno, thank you for the update on this.
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!