E-mail Update - revamp

13»

Comments

• JDubbedNJDubbedN Member, Beta Tester Posts: 28
    10 Comments 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭

@Ciaran

1. You didn't answer my question in regards to the state event change history being blocked by a paywall. @Marc even requested explanation from @Robin and no answer. I am one of the few who have posted multiple screen shots of this issue and still no one addresses it including yourself. I have blown up this discussion with my posts and my underlining question still has not been answered. Did you even read the discussion in its entirety? I have posted several times throughout this discussion and my main question has been ignored. Why? Please re-read the discussion. State event change history has been stripped down and blocked by a pay wall. Even @Marc said it it shouldn't be like this and he's a moderator so I'd hope he would carry some weight. Look at the screen shot below. The proof is there.

2. So according to you @Ciaran the monthly reports have in fact been stripped of some useful information aka used to be 30 days of details and now has been limited to 7 days and a pay wall has been setup to unlock these features. There is no sugar coating it, bait and switch. So your statement that all Fing Box features that have previously worked should still work as normal is contradicting. I consider monthly reports to be part of owning a Fing Box and this feature has been this way for months if not years. But your statement contradicts that. Monthly reports have in fact changed. And I bet your answer to that will be something like "monthly reports are an exception". The fact remains that information on the monthly reports have been stripped of some useful information that has always been available and now requires payment to unlock them. This is a very poor business decision and I strongly suggest you guys stop nickel and diming us.

3. What about this screen shot?

It states that premium features gives us notifications when unknown devices join. However, we've always had this. This has always been an option. Now you guys are charging for it? Explanation please!

Everything about the premium push yells bait and switch to me. You guys are stripping down what has been there for years and are now charging for it. And then giving us vague and bogus answers to our questions. We're all hurting because of covid-19 but there is no reason to penny pinch your loyal customers to death. Stripping features that have been there for years and then slapping a pay wall on them to unlock features that have always been there and calling them "premium" features is bogus and won't stand. If you guys truly wish to upset your loyal customers your doing a great job. If you guys don't fix this and play fair you will lose me as well as hundreds others as customers and I will make sure my experience is heard. You guys did this to yourselves.

And so help me if I receive another vague, indirect, bogus reply then I'm done. Can't fix stupid.

• CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,180
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin

Thanks again for the feedback. I regret that you interpret my previous post as “vague and bogus”, as this was certainly not my intent. In fact I was trying to break down the 3 main themes raised by all users and respond accordingly. On saying that, I am following up with specific responses to each of the points you raised:

“You didn't answer my question in regards to the state event change history being blocked by a paywall. “– In my previous post, under the ‘Internet Performance Report & Timeline’ section I referenced “Fing Premium subscribers will be able to view their full reporting history, if you are a non Fing Premium Subscriber, you will be able to view reports up to the last 7 days.”. This timeline history refers to device history also. Apologies if this wasn’t clear in my previous post. The screenshot you provided indicates that there has been no events for that particular device in the last 7 days. 

“So your statement that all Fing Box features that have previously worked should still work as normal is contradicting.” – As mentioned in my previous post: all Fingbox functionality/tools continue to work as previous without subscribing to Fing Premium, e.g. Device block/pause, Digital Fence, Digital Presence, Vulnerability tool etc. for a full list, please visit https://help.fing.com/article-categories/fingbox/)." Timeline reporting display will appear for a 7 day period unless subscribed to Fing Premium.

“It states that premium features gives us notifications when unknown devices join. However, we've always had this. This has always been an option. Now you guys are charging for it? Explanation please!” – This is one of the functionalities that users will be able to access if they subscribe to Fing Premium (even if they don’t have a Fingbox). However, as you rightly say, if you have a Fingbox, you already have access to this tool (and still do). You are not being charged for this. If you have any issues accessing this feature, please advise and we will be happy to assist. I appreciate how this display could be confusing for an existing Fingbox user and will certainly pass this feedback onto our Product team for consideration.

I do understand your frustration and my intention is certainly not to add to that, merely respond and clarify in relation to previous posts. Once again, I do regret if this wasn’t clear in my previous post.

Thanks

Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

✭✭
    edited November 2020

@Ciaran @Robin

So it's official. You guys really did strip down features that have been there for years and created pay walls to unlock them fully. You state these features have not changed and they will work as before but in fact they have been gutted down so in order to use them as before we have to pay a subscription.

Marc when I first posted about limited timeline state change event history you even needed clarification. You even stated that these features were to stay unchanged and fully functional so it's obvious that even you were confused and it caught you off guard.

You guys at Fing have literally stripped down several fully functional features and limited them. Then you come out with a subscription plan that claims to add premium features when in fact what it really does is gives us back what we used to have that was part of owning a Fing Box. If you guys can't see that you are royally screwing over your customer then you guys are blind. You guys could care less about your customers. The action (generally illegal) of advertising goods which are an apparent bargain, with the intention of substituting inferior or more expensive goods is called bait and switch and Is looked down upon here in the USA. This is exactly what you did and are doing. You can word play it all you want but it's a bait and switch. I will be reporting Fing's bait and switch to the BBB and will make sure my experience with your company is heard. I will not buy into your "premium" subscription to unlock features I used to have and used as a Fing Box owner. You guys have no one to blame but yourselves for this and many other upset customers.

hiro5id
  • MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,453
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @JDubbedN , I do apologize for my statement on the unlimited to 7 days history change.  That one I was not aware of it being modified as with you, I was told no former capabilities would be put behind a paywall.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    JDubbedN
  • DalekDalek Member Posts: 61
    25 Agrees 10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

@Robin @Ciaran

Well it is obvious that with respect to lying the Fing crew doesn’t discriminate. They will lie to anyone and everyone.

It’s all about the money now! To hell with Fingbox owners, they’re just suckers and cash cows.

JDubbedN
    admin
    Hi @dalek, I am genuinely sorry you feel that way. My response was an attempt to clarify, I am sorry you have interpreted this as lying.

To All, to confirm, please refrain from tagging other Community members/moderators with any complaints you may have relating to Fing products or services (these can be directed to Fing Admins). To clarify, Fing Moderators are Fing Community members, just like you & not direct employees of Fing. I have modified the relevant posts accordingly, removing any such tags. Thank you
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Marc said:
    @JDubbedN , I do apologize for my statement on the unlimited to 7 days history change.  That one I was not aware of it being modified as with you, I was told no former capabilities would be put behind a paywall.

That may be the only honest thing that has been said on this discussion from a Fing official and I thank you for it. The fact that even a moderator was confused about this new "premium" system because you were told that "no former capabilities would be put behind a paywall" was an outright lie from upper management to us all and it shows it's clear as mud. It also tells us that upper management hasn't provided the knowledge and tools to forum officials to correctly answer questions related to "premium" features.

@Ciaran You have convinced yourself somehow that what you are saying is true in that Fing Box app features have stayed the same after the "premium" update push and that it has not been gutted like a fish in order to nickel and dime customers to use the features we once had and had been part of the app for years. Maybe one day it'll click for you.

I've also noticed that my original discussion that was stand alone was merged with this discussion. The title of this discussion is "email update revamp" which doesn't highlight what the discussion is about. It also appears to not have any tags associated with it which makes it very difficult for this discussion to be searched for by the public. I assume this was done on purpose so that the people who are complaining about the premium update and the proof that we have collected into a discussion that is hard to find and pushed to the side so our voices aren't heard and we are silenced. Correct me if I am wrong but that is how it feels.

At the end of the day we have all been lied to by Fing upper management. Fing's bait and switch business model has become in full affect and has successfully pissed people off. This reminds me of Cerberus's bait and switch tactic that made them the laughing stock of the internet and now no one trusts them. Make no mistake Fing you guys are not far from that fate as well. Word will spread. You only have yourselves to blame.
    admin
    edited November 2020
    Thank you all for your feedback to date. We hear your concerns & frustrations and have communicated this feedback to our product team. I will revert back early next week with any update. Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

admin

Hi all,

Once again, thank you everybody for your feedback on recent changes to Timeline Reporting & Monthly Performance report on Fingbox.

As promised, we have heard you and have completed the following:

1. We compiled all of your feedback regarding Timeline reporting & Monthly Performance report and communicated this with our Product team for consideration.
    2. Reached out to a sample group of Fingbox users to take part in a ‘Focus Group’ to discuss this feedback
    3. Some of you reported confusion that the Vulnerability tool was not working from your ‘Home’ tab and was appearing as a Premium feature, even though you have a Fingbox. To confirm, the Vulnerability tool still worked from the Fingbox Dashboard, but I completely appreciate how this caused confusion.

Please see below the feedback & updates in relation to the concerns raised:

Based on your feedback we are making the following changes:

·        Monthly Performance Reports:  The Internet Performance Report is a most-loved feature, which we spent quite some time in restructuring and improving on recently. The detailed calendar and day-by-day account appeal mostly to PROs, that are also likely to be Premium members, and clog up the report for the not-interested audience, hence the restriction.

However, after reviewing your feedback, it is clear that there is a wider user base who found this feature beneficial. We are going to reinstate Internet reports details in full.

·        Timeline Reporting: We want to leverage its content to the full extent rather than cold-storing it (or worse, having to delete the content), as it provide tremendous value to understand and optimize the network. We’ve not been able so far to provide analysis about the presence, the power consumption, the access to comparison in the App spanning longer periods. These evolutions require more resources to ensure the same level of quality is preserved to all Fingboxes.

While reducing the access to the Internet Report was more about simplifying the content, limiting the timeline is a resource-conscious activity that we might tune but definitely needs to take place. Considering this, along with your feedback, we are going to expand the Timeline Reporting period to 3 months.

·       Vulnerability Tool: as mentioned, we escalated the feedback about the Vulnerability tool not working from the ‘Home’ tab in the app. I agree that this was confusing. This change has been made this week, and now the vulnerability tool will now function from the Home tab (not just on the Fingbox dashboard) if you have a Fingbox (even if you are not subscribed to Fing Premium).

Ok, so when will these changes take place?

As mentioned, the change to the Vulnerability tool has been implemented already. The changes to the Timeline reporting & the Monthly performance report will be implemented by the end of November (in time for your November Monthly Report). The change will be retroactive for October also (i.e. you will be able manually to download a report for October also)

To close…

As mentioned, we have not and have no intention of removing existing Fingbox functionality. Also, we will be adding additional features for Fingbox, however this will be part of the Fing Premium Subscription.

Thank you once again for your feedback & I hope you enjoy the improvements made based on your feedback.

Ciaran, Robin & wider Fing Team

Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

Marc
    ✭✭
    @Ciaran Where does the "events" history for devices stand? Is this in the same category as "Timeline Reporting" in your statement? I only see you mention the internet report and not the device event history which was stripped down from an unlimited timeline to 7 days and premium subscription was 30 days. Clarification is needed on this.
    admin
    @JDubbedN, yes this is included as Time line reporting, this will be for 3 months as per update.
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

✭✭
    I appreciate the clarity. I would like to state that even though you and the Fing team are listening to your faithful and loyal Fingbox users, your company is still limiting functions like 3 month limited event device history, which used to be unlimited history, despite your initial statement in the beginning that all Fingbox functions are still and will remain as they have always been before the premium subscription paywall. If that were the case there would still be unlimited event history for devices. And who knows what other functions have been stripped down that we have not found yet.

In the end, your company got caught red handed by trying to penny pinch loyal Fingbox users with premium subscription paywalls in order to unlock functions that had always been available and that had always had no limit to using said functions. And only after we called the Fing company out on these wrong doings did you guys react by giving us back what we already had been using for years without restriction, except for the timeline reporting which has now been officially acknowledged by you and the Fing team that it has been stripped from unlimited timeline history recordings to a measly 3 months. That is an obvious change in how the Fing app functions which you had simply denied in the beginning as being a change. And since this change is official, the Fing team should no longer be claiming the following because it is now considered inaccurate according to the new information posted in this discussion by @Ciaran ...

Fingbox Functionality/Tools:  To confirm, as previously mentioned, if you have a Fingbox, all Fingbox functionality/tools continues to work as previous without subscribing to Fing Premium, e.g. Device block/pause, Digital Fence, Digital Presence, Vulnerability tool etc. for a full list, please visit https://help.fing.com/article-categories/fingbox/)

I applaud the Fing company for doing mostly the right thing and returning most of the functions we've all loved and used for years as it should be. However, your company's goals with bringing in the premium subscription plan was blatantly obvious. You were out to restrict normal Fingbox functions with paywall's in order to create repeat business with reoccurring charges, and that cannot be forgotten or forgiven. Only reason why Fing changed their mind was because of the backlash this would have caused. Here's to hoping you guys don't pull this stunt again.

admin
    @JDubbedN, I think we have provided clarity in my most recent update. As described however, we do listen to our user feedback, despite the feedback currently representing less than 1% of total Fingbox users, this 1% is important to us. Rather than simply ignoring this section of our user base, we have listened and indeed reacted accordingly. It is disappointing that you still refer to this in a negative context (expressions such as ' penny pinch' & 'caught red handed' etc.), however, you are of course entitled to your opinion. Have a nice weekend.
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)