Fing account corruption error

CrispyCrispy Member Posts: 18
10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes Photogenic
Hi
I am currently working from home. I have a fingbox at work (using a work email for the account) and a fingbox at home (using a personal email for the account). I generally have the Fing app my phone logged into my work account and the app on my tablet logged into my home account.
When I am at home if I open the app it generally wants to scan my home network. I have to force it to stick to the work fingbox by choosing 'all networks" and selecting the work FingBox.
But when it scans my work network, it is showing most of the devices as OFFline and greyed out, despite many of them being switched on. I can remote desktop into the machines and ping the others successfully.
I also receive an imnterrmittent popup error on the app saying
'Fing account corruption detected. Automatic fix ongoing'
What is going on?

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,213
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Crispy

I understand you are seeing the following message 'Fing Account corruption detected, automatic fix ongoing...'. 

This happens if the data we have in our system is inconsistent with the data on the mobile. When this happens, the Fing App tries to adjust it on the mobile, but sometimes this doesn't work. 

To resolve this, please go to: 

- 'Accounts & Settings' display (by clicking on the icon/avatar in the bottom right-hand corner of the main display on-screen on the App) 

- Click on 'Account storage' 

- Click 'Restore' 

If this does not work then please delete the network identified by Fing app and then sign out and then sign in again and scan the network again.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • CrispyCrispy Member Posts: 18
    I actually have 4 networks listed. Do I delete them all? The 'Restore' threw an error.
    admin
    Crispy said:
    I actually have 4 networks listed. Do I delete them all? The 'Restore' threw an error.
    In this scenario, yes please delete all 4 networks and then sign out and then sign in again and run the scan. It would resolve the error.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Do I need to deete the Fingbox itself from the networks list?
    To clarify, the only network left is the fingbox.
    1. Do I delete that?
    2. If I do that, I get a message "Deactivate Fingbox? Fingbox will reset to a default. You may lose some of the configured settings - Cancel/Deactivate" - Should I proceed?
    3. How do I run a scan after I have logged out/in ? How do I connect to that Fingbox again? I am not in proximity to that FingBox. It is in a remote location. I would need to drive to the location to be local to it. Can it be done remotely?
    Thanks
    admin
    Hi @Crispy
    In this case, I would suggest to only remove cache and data and then re-install the Fing app and then check if the issue persists or not?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)