Have reset the fingbox which only lights up solid green and appears in the app

borderbasborderbas Member Posts: 8
First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
Have also installed a Linksys mesh system which shows in the app but the fingbox doesn’t appear to be able to interact with the devices connected to it.

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,369
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    @robin, I noticed you have handled the solid green issue in the past.  Could you help out @borderbas?  @borderbas , can you confirm that you still have an issue?

Reference:  https://community.fing.com/discussion/4695/fing-box-has-solid-green-light

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Robin
  • borderbasborderbas Member Posts: 8
    Have since powered the Fingbox off & on and it is now showing flashing green led. However, when I try to activate it shows as not found in the App🙈
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    did you remove the old network from your Fingapp?
    Yes, current network removed but there are 2 old networks which I can’t delete for some reason. I have just purchased a Linksys mesh system which is why I want to re-install the fingbox from scratch
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Try going to the web app, http://app.fing.com, and see if you can remove them from there... log in with the same account you use on the mobile app.

That worked fine thanks, I now have the fing box flashing green, do I now try to add fing box from the mobile app?
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    It now says 'Fingbox not found'  The App is signed in on the same network that the Fingbox is attached to. The fing box is still flashing green and the cat 5 connection at the fing box is flashing yellow
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Robin , I think we need your tool kit. could you help?

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,213
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks for support @Marc
    @borderbas
     Are you using an apple device to activate the Fingbox or Adnroid device? First, please ensure you have location permissions enabled and then uninstall the Fing app deleting the old network and then install Fing app making sure location permissions are enabled and then try to find the Fingbox. If you are using Apple device, make sure to disable the Private MAC address and then search for Fingbox
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Thank you, I have now got the fingbox in the main router network which is also includes the Linksys velop mesh system which has a different network name to the main router and all my devices are connected to the Linksys network. The fingbox only shows the Linksys but does not show the devices within the Linksys network. How do I get the fingbox to see these devices?
    admin
    @borderbas

Can you check if all access points are added to your Fingbox network and location permissions are enable for Fing app. In order to add the access point for Fingbox, first you need to be connected to the access point network which you want to add. Then open the Fing App and choose the Fingbox network from the dropdown list. Go to the ‘Network’ tab and select either Wi-Fi Intrusion Protection or Wi-Fi Performance and you will be able to add the Access point for the current network your device is connected to. You can only add the Access point either from the Wi-Fi Performance tab or Wi-Fi Intrusion Protection tab.  

After Adding the access point, you will receive the New Access point alert and you need to accept it as a trusted gateway and the access point will be added successfully.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    On running the Wi-Fi performance it connects to the Linksys and the progress indicator gets halfway across then stops and says "shutdown failure"??/
    Have tried running it again and get the message "Could not get progress'
    admin
    Thanks @borderbas
    I have sent you a private message as I need more information from you so I can investigate better? Please reply to my message directly. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)