Change email address for my fing box

RuudleoRuudleo Member Posts: 1
Photogenic
edited September 17 in Fing Account Change Request
I want to change my email from [email protected] to [email protected].

Best Answer

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 3,092
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Ruudleo

In order to change the email associated with a Fingbox, we need to verify the account. To do this:

Via the Fing Community, you can privately direct message me. For privacy reasons, please ensure you are messaging from the account currently associated with the Fingbox. In the message, please include:

1. A request to disassociate the e-mail account from the Fingbox - already done

2. Provide the new email address that you would like the Fingbox associated with 

NB: please ensure you have created a Fing account with the new email so that Fingbox can be linked to the new account.

3. The MAC address of the Fingbox (beside the barcode on the unit)

Once we have received all of the above information we will be able to transfer the Fingbox from the old account to the new account. This will retain all Fingbox history and records.

Again, for privacy reasons, please do not post this request publicly.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!

Answers

• Murray777Murray777 Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment

Hi

I am facing the same problem. How do I private message you?

admin
    Murray777 said:

I am facing the same problem. How do I private message you?

Just sent you a DM, please provide the information there and I will guide you. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Zulu
  • As9As9 Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment

Have a similar issue, except the email I thought I had associated with Fingbox, is not working. Therefore I don't know which email is currently associated with my fingbox. Because of that I can't connect to it. Please help

• CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 970
    250 Likes 50 Answers 500 Comments 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @As9, please follow the advise give by Robin with the information you have (include the MAC of the unit in your pribate message)
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • ZuluZulu Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment

Hi Sorry guys - no DM found. Not sure what to do?

@Robin ?

admin
    Zulu said:

Hi Sorry guys - no DM found. Not sure what to do?

@Robin ?

I have DM you. Can you please explain your issue there? Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)