Desktop app going to white screen on network scan?

TestUserTestUser Member Posts: 2
First Comment
edited October 19 in Fing Desktop discussions
Just got a FingBox v2. Windows 10 64-bit. Fing App is v2.2.2
When I go to Tools, Local Network, [See all devices], I only see my desktop under Devices and the progress bar starts moving towards the right.
When the progress bar gets to the right, the main body of the Devices tab is now just all white. I can still see the Network tab, so I click there, now the entire window is white except for the header, which shows the logo and the word "Fing". I have minimize, maximize, and close buttons in the upper right.
I've rebooted my desktop, doesn't help.  I've exited the program from the taskbar icon and task manager, and relaunched, doesn't help. Uninstalled, reinstalled, doesn't help.
The app still locks up on a white screen when the progress bar gets to the far right when I try to go to Devices, Network, or Security tab.

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 3,092
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @TestUser
    Can you delete the network identified by Fing desktop from the web app and then run a scan again to see if the issue persists? Also, Can you check under Task manager if multiple Fing agents are running then you can quit the Fing agent from there and open the FIng desktop again.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • TestUserTestUser Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    RE: Delete on the web interface at app.fing.com, apparently not. I don't have any network-level options on the web app other than viewing the devices individually. There are no right-click options other than Chrome defaults. Also, there is no hover-over text on the icons, so those are not exactly user friendly.
    When I start the Fing app locally, there are three fing.exe processes in task manager. Ending one kills all three.
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 3,092
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @TestUser

I would like you to follow these steps and it should resolve this issue: 

• Uninstall WinPcap using any 3rd party software(iobit uninstaller/Revo uninstaller) so that it doesn't leave any traces. 

• Uninstall Fing Desktop 

• Reboot pc 

• Install NpCap or Win10pCap 

• Download and Install latest Fing Desktop release.  

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!