[Bug] Fingbox reporting a device on my network that's not really there.

CrowgrandfatherCrowgrandfather Member, Beta Tester Posts: 69
5 Answers 25 Likes 10 Comments First Anniversary
✭✭✭

So a few months ago Fing informed me that a Juniper device joined my network. I was away so I couldn't do anything but alert on it and block it.

The device fell off the network shortly after joining; however, Fingbox periodically tells me that the device has joined my network again.

The only thing is, it hasn't. When I look at my router's logs there's no device with that IP, there's no device with that MAC, and that isn't my wireless name, yet Fingbox is reporting that it's in my network and has an IP address.

Tagged:

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,369
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Hi @Crowgrandfather, are you using a VPN from time to time?  Amazon has some type of business relations with Juniper, and as your device name is listed as Juniper, perhaps this is it?  See this link...  https://www.juniper.net/us/en/dm/verizon-vns/

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • CrowgrandfatherCrowgrandfather Member, Beta Tester Posts: 69
    ✭✭✭

@Marc it's not a VPN

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,369
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Let’s see if others can help out....  @kltaylor, @pixelpopper, @lee_bo any ideas on @crowgrandfathers issue?

Meanwhile, I’m still trying to figure out how Verizon spell checked to Amazon...
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • PixelPixel Devon, U.K.Moderator Posts: 155
    100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Answers 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @Crowgrandfather here is a link to the same site @Marc suggested:- https://www.juniper.net/us/en/solutions/nfv/ the company provide numerous services so it’s worth having a look. It is quite possible that some software/app that you are using is using services provided by juniper, it’s probably going to take quite a time to resolve this alternatively you may be able to block the domain on your router (which may cause other issues if there’s an associated app.).
    Out of interest, is the displayed IP address within the normal range of your router? 
  • CrowgrandfatherCrowgrandfather Member, Beta Tester Posts: 69
    ✭✭✭

As mentioned in the post there are no devices on my network with that MAC in the Router's logs AND the Fing app shows that this device is both "in my network" but also connected to a Wi-Fi network that isn't mine.

And yes that IP address is within my subnet range.