Add device to a person in the app on iOS

HenrikHenrik Member Posts: 2
Name Dropper First Comment
Hi!
I have had 3 devices added to a person under the People tab in the app for a long time, now I need to change one of those devices to another but I can't make it work.
Before it was possible to add a device to a person under the settings for each device. That is not possible anymore what I can find.
And if I go in on the person and click Edit so that I get the list of devices to choose from I can only see 25 devices in the list, after that the list stops. There is no way to sort or filter the device list so I can only see the same 25 every time and the device that I have to change too is not visible.
If I create a new person I still only see the same 25 devices to choose from.

Is there any other way to add a specific device to a person or am I doing something wrong?

Best Answer

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,365
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020 Accepted Answer
    Hi @Henrik , What type of device are you trying to add?  Some devices cannot be added to a person.

Device below cannot be added... (quoted from another post)

"Here is the list of items which cant be added to users (Some users report you can bypass this by changing the device type to something like a phone, add it then put it back).  You can't remove it though till you do the same thing again.

1. alarm 
    2. bell 
    3. cleaner 
    4. domotz_box 
    5. fingbox 
    6. fridge 
    7. garage 
    8. heating 
    9. humidity 
    10. key_lock 
    11. light 
    12. modem