Fingbox speed test fails

teztez Member, Beta Tester Posts: 10
First Comment Photogenic
Hi!
Similar to https://community.fing.com/discussion/comment/21702#Comment_21702 after changing my ISP the Fingbox speedtest fails most of the time. I have resetted the fingbox as described in the other post, but the speedtest still fails. Internet connection itself has no problems; even if I start different speedtests including mlab from my PC, they succeed without no problems.
Any clues? How can I analyze (log?) the problem?
Regards,
Thomas.

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,389
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @tez
    Can you run speedtest from your mobile device to M-lab website and then check if the test pass or not? Also, Can you let me know of the error code so I can check? Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • teztez Member, Beta Tester Posts: 10
    First Comment Photogenic
    On my mobile device´s webbrowser there is no problem with mlab speed test. If the fing app fails, there is no error code, but simply not result. Only a short popup "konnte nicht fortsetzen" (German). Maybe it depends on the mlabs server selected by fing? It seems, the server in Prague works well, but the server in Ljubljana fails often.
    admin
    tez said:
    On my mobile device´s webbrowser there is no problem with mlab speed test. If the fing app fails, there is no error code, but simply not result. Only a short popup "konnte nicht fortsetzen" (German). Maybe it depends on the mlabs server selected by fing? It seems, the server in Prague works well, but the server in Ljubljana fails often.
    It could be because of the selective M-lab server. Please also check this link where Chris from M-labs have responded for speed test: https://community.fing.com/discussion/5401/speedtest-limited-to-about-500-mbit-download#latest
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    First Comment Photogenic
    Who will solve this problem? Fing or M-labs?
    admin
    tez said:
    Who will solve this problem? Fing or M-labs?
    If the M-lab website shows the same error when you use same device then it might be something broken on M-lab website. In that case, we can get in touch with M-lab. If the M-lab website is working fine and error persists only on Fing app then we need to investigate further.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    First Comment Photogenic
    As noted before there is no problem when using the website. Speed is far too low when using server in Ljubljana (selected automatically), but it does not fail. When using the fing app for the fing box or for Windows 10, it fails often. So please investigate this issue.
    admin
    tez said:
    As noted before there is no problem when using the website. Speed is far too low when using server in Ljubljana (selected automatically), but it does not fail. When using the fing app for the fing box or for Windows 10, it fails often. So please investigate this issue.
    Have you run the test on Fing desktop as well? Does it show the same results as mobile app?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    First Comment Photogenic
    yes
    admin
    tez said:
    yes
    I will investigate this and I will get back to you once I have an update. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)