I no longer get any detail in the Notifications area, although I know there have been outages.

ChrisBonChrisBon Member Posts: 7
Photogenic First Comment
edited August 12 in Fing Desktop
I have Fing 2.1.0 on Windows/10. Since about a week, I no longer get any detail in the Notifications area although I know there have been outages. The taskbar icon has a red mark indicating there is a notification, but when I click the Notifications menu item, it shows "No new notifications here" and the red indicator on the icon disappears. This used to work, but has stopped working.

Comments

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 3,079
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @ChrisBon
    Can you share the screenshot of the notification area? Also, are you signed up for outages alert? Check out the new internet outage detection site here: https://internet.fing.io 

You can log in to Internet outage detection via your existing Fing account. Just make sure your home location and ISP are set-ups correctly so you can start receiving notifications about outages affecting your ISP. You can get outage alerts via a mobile push on the Fing app, or you can set-up alerts on email etc.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • ChrisBonChrisBon Member Posts: 7
    Photogenic First Comment
    Robin - Attached is a screen-shot you asked for.
    As far as I can see in my settings, I am still set-up for receiving notifications - and I used to get them OK.
    Now the taskbar icon changes from plain blue, to something with a red mark, but when I look in the area shown on my screen-shot - there is nothing and the taskbar icon reverts to the plain blue one.

admin
    ChrisBon said:
    Robin - Attached is a screen-shot you asked for.
    As far as I can see in my settings, I am still set-up for receiving notifications - and I used to get them OK.
    Now the taskbar icon changes from plain blue, to something with a red mark, but when I look in the area shown on my screen-shot - there is nothing and the taskbar icon reverts to the plain blue one.

Can you click on the Fing desktop version number and open the preferences page and send me the screenshot so I can understand this? Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Photogenic First Comment
    Robin, Attached is the Preferences screen-shot. I have not seen this before, and did not know how to get to it. 
    admin
    Thanks @ChrisBon
    I am unsure why you won't receive the notifications. Can you leave the Fing desktop open for a day and then check it you see any notifications or not?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Photogenic First Comment
    Update - I did get a notification on the taskbar icon today, and when I clicked the Notifications menu item, I got a report of a problem in my area, now fixed. So I guess this feature is working OK for me now - Thanks.
    Robin
    Photogenic First Comment
    I spoke too soon! Today, I went out, leaving my computer on, with Fing running. When I came back there was the blue Fing icon on the taskbar with a red dot indicating there was a notification, and the number '2' against the Notifications menu item - when I moved the mouse to the menu item the '2' disappeared and to the right is says "No new notifications here!" - it is clearing this information TOO quickly!
    I am attaching a screen-shot, but I had to put the '2' back next to the Notifications menu item, because when you put the mouse there it disappears.
    Can this be fixed and where can I get a history of the outages I KNOW I am getting from Virgin Media?
    admin
    Hi @ChrisBon
    Can you set some alerts on your device from Fing desktop and then turn their wifi off and wait for alerts and then check if it still shows blank or not?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Photogenic First Comment
    I would like to "set some alerts on your device from Fing desktop" as you ask, to help you diagnose the problem, but I don't know how to.
    The only reference to alerts, I can find,  is in under: Home/Local Network/Security - Intruder Alerts - but this is only available with the Premium account, which I do not have. If there is different way, can you guide me, please?
    I also noticed that at lease two other users are experiencing the same symptoms: FiftyFive (September 5) and JimStocker (April 29).
    admin
    ChrisBon said:
    I would like to "set some alerts on your device from Fing desktop" as you ask, to help you diagnose the problem, but I don't know how to.
    The only reference to alerts, I can find,  is in under: Home/Local Network/Security - Intruder Alerts - but this is only available with the Premium account, which I do not have. If there is different way, can you guide me, please?
    I also noticed that at lease two other users are experiencing the same symptoms: FiftyFive (September 5) and JimStocker (April 29).
    I can see you have opened a support ticket with us. I will guide and reply to you there directly to investigate this. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Photogenic First Comment