Disable Launch on Boot not working

IngeJonesIngeJones Member Posts: 3
First Comment
I turned off launching Fing on boot in preferences, but it's still launching on boot.  What else can I try?
Tagged:

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,787
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @IngeJones, which OS are you running this on?
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Windows10 Pro
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    When you have auto start disabled in the app, have you looked at Windows task manager / startup and if you have, is Fing still listed?
    RobinJonatan_Tisnado
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Oh, the problem might have solved itself - just tried another restart and this time it didn't reload.  Maybe took a little while for my preference to sink in ;)
    Jonatan_Tisnado
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 11
    Gotcha.  Let me know if it rears its head again..   :)
  • Jonatan_TisnadoJonatan_Tisnado Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Hi, how do you reach the menu option to disable fing on bootup, shouldn't it be the default.  Not the I don´t like, but Been using Fing for years now started to get used to it thru the mobile cellphone, thanks in advance I read you!! 
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 3,079
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi, how do you reach the menu option to disable fing on bootup, shouldn't it be the default.  Not the I don´t like, but Been using Fing for years now started to get used to it thru the mobile cellphone, thanks in advance I read you!! 
    Click on the Version number on Fing desktop and it will take you to the Preferences page where you can disable settings.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!