Solid white light & connectivity issues

rodan5150rodan5150 Member Posts: 3
Photogenic First Comment
Hello, My Fingbox dropped off the network last night without warning. I thought it was an ISP problem, but I still had internet access. So, I investigated. The fingbox had dropped offline somehow, it had a dim white light I believe (didn't pay a lot of attention unfortunately). I tried power cycling it, and nothing. So, I did a factory reset procedure, and I get a bright solid white light now. I noticed in the troubleshooting guide that white generally means it can't connect for various reasons. I get a white light regardless of what port, usb cable, or category cable I use. I run unifi gear, with a couple of managed switches. Neither of my switches pick up the fingbox as a client, the most I can see is the port is active on the switch but nothing is reporting as a client on that port. If I plug anything else in, such as a laptop, I can see it as a client within the unifi management interface. From my troubleshooting, I feel like the internal network adapter in the fingbox may have failed? Any other things I need to try?

any help is much appreciated!

-Ross
Iroc32

Answers

• rodan5150rodan5150 Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment
    Update: It is now white with a very slightly pinkish hue, and while messing with it I noticed the bottom is extremely hot to the touch and is emitting a faint plastic smell. Something is definitely wrong with it and I'm going to unplug it for now.
    Iroc32
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,760
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @rodan5150
    I have sent you a private mail to address this. Please reply to my message directly so I can guide you. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Poppersec
  • PoppersecPoppersec Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment

Yo B

• Bellarae125Bellarae125 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic
    @rodan5150 I have this same issue 
  • Iroc32Iroc32 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I too have same issue

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,760
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Iroc32 said:

I too have same issue

Can you DM me the MAC address of the Fingbox?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!