Fixing Placement Names

JoelBJoelB Member Posts: 7
First Comment Photogenic
I noticed that device Placement names are now only able to be pulled from a static list of pre-defined names (attic, living room, basement, etc). I would like to be able to use custom place names instead of just the pre-defined list. 
Also, why have this field as part of the device information if you can't search on it? If I do a search on all devices in my basement, even if I have Basement as a Placement Name, search does not return those devices, UNLESS I add "Basement" to the actual device name. Search effectively doesn't even consider Placement Name as a key. Sooooo... either remove it and let us figure out a better way to assign the location of the device or let us add custom locations that get included in the search results.
JoelBMarc
2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,823
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely agree, Upvoted!
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    JoelB
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 3,121
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @JoelB
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will escalate this to our Dev team for consideration. For all other users who feel this would be beneficial, please click the 'Upvote' button. Thank you.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    JoelBHeres_Johnny
  • Heres_JohnnyHeres_Johnny USAMember Posts: 4
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    JoelB's comments seem in line to me.  Upvoted.