OPEN PORTS Can anyone tell me what a CADKEY TABLET DAEMON 1400 means, found it on my Sonos speaker

Jen_noviceJen_novice Member Posts: 2
Photogenic First Comment

Answers

• Jen_noviceJen_novice Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment
    This is the screenshot

• ScoobyScooby Member Posts: 143
    100 Comments 25 Awesomes 25 Likes 5 Answers
    ✭✭✭
    Those ports don't appear to be listed on Sonos' website:

However, someone found those ports are open on Sonos Speakers, and appear to be used for "communication" (A Sonos use of UPnP - Universal Plug & Play) with the speakers, over a network:

Basically, those ports seem to be open so you can use a controller, app, or software to send music and commands (volume control, mute, play, stop, etc) to the speaker, over a network. I, personally, believe the ports are normal, and nothing to worry about, as long as they are not open on the "public" (Internet) side, of your router.

I couldn't really find anything about "Cadkey Tablet Daemon". Port 1400 is registered port with IANA (Internet Assigned Numbers Authority). "CADKEY is a 2D/3D mechanical CAD (computer aided design or computer aided drafting) software application released for various DOS, Solaris, and Microsoft Windows operating systems." CADKEY was, eventually, bought out by another company, who released CAD software named KeyCreator:

So, I would guess that, some point in time, CADKEY had registered port 1400, for use with their software, to possibly communicate (client/server) with a tablet, over a network. From my understanding, registered ports that are no longer used by the company that registered the port, can be used by anyone, which seems like Sonos did, if no one else registers it.