Does a paid premium account on iOS apply to the desktop app on MacOS?

AdsAds Member Posts: 6
Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment
I have a paid "no-add" account on iOS. Does that apply to using the desktop app on MacOS. or do I have to purchase a 2nd "premium" account? If so, how do I enable it?
donvy

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,787
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Ads...  Fing has positioned the desktop and mobile apps as two different products.  Because of this, Fing does charge a separate fee for each’s “premium” feature.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Robin
  • Big_ABig_A Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Is this separation of fees between desktop and iOS also the case if one bought a Fingbox and has it on their home network (versus just running Fing applications on PC and iOS devices)? 
    Grazie!
    :-) - Antonio
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have a Fingbox, there are no additional fee's for the mobile application.  You get all of the features the mobile app supports.  

The desktop application is a separate product (and fing positions as such) and as it does not work with or require a fingbox, a separate charge is required for its premium features.

Note you can still use the basic desktop without a fee, you just don't get as many standard features as you would with premium. And you do get a limited number of premium features you can use per week.
    Big_A
  • Big_ABig_A Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Thank you very much, Marc, for this detailed explanation.  I understand and it makes more sense to me now.  Have a great day!
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 3,079
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks @Marc
    To clarify here, Owning a Fingbox and subscribing to Fing Premium provides an ads-free experience on all our applications which means you won't get any ads on Fing mobile app as well. But Vice versa is not applicable. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • JohnnyJackammerJohnnyJackammer Member Posts: 13
    10 Comments Photogenic
    edited September 17
    I am confused. Why do I need to go to the desktop app to delete devices. I need to go to the desktop app but it doesn't see my fingbox "Home" network. One network is in the cloud and one is not. They each have different information. I understand your desire to have a revenue stream but I am totally lost on how all of this works.
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 3,079
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @JohnnyJackammer
    To clarify, Fing Desktop is a completely separate product from the Fingbox. From a technical standpoint, in comparison to other Fing products, it can be considered:

Fing Mobile < Fing Desktop < Fing Box.

Fing Desktop allows a far more precise engine than the Fing mobile app, but doesn’t require a purchase of a dedicated hardware.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • JohnnyJackammerJohnnyJackammer Member Posts: 13
    10 Comments Photogenic

This means there is no longer a need to purchase a Fing Box?

✭✭✭✭✭✭

There are a number of features like the digital fence, presence, controlling access to your WiFi network etc that requires a Fingbox. The desktop cannot do these.