Health Check code: W402

2»

Answers

• randomstringrandomstring Member Posts: 4
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    I have the same problem. Every time I run the desktop app I get asked to select the "context for current network." It usually takes only moments before I get the same error again. No matter how many times I select a context, the error keeps popping back up.
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 3,079
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @randomstring
    Are you running any VPN or do you have any firewall running on your device? Also, which O.S are you using to run the Fing desktop? Can you share the screenshot of the Fing desktop network context as well?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • hopadhopad Member, Beta Tester Posts: 19
    10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    Hi @Robin I have since set Ecobee with a static IP and am no longer receiving this error. I also purchased a new Asus RT-AX88U which in my opinion is crap. Nothing streaming or file sharing works. Thanks for answering, I will let the community know if it resurfaces. :)
  • hopadhopad Member, Beta Tester Posts: 19
    10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    Hi @Robin Going back to my original post on the subject (ecobee not getting an IP), I no longer use HassOS - have a new router - and the problem persists. I don't understand why this happens. Guess I'll be calling Ecobee again.

• FabianFabian Member, Beta Tester Posts: 41
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper
    @Robin I am no longer seeing the W402 message anymore with the Fing 2.1.0 (2.1.0) app on my 2013 MacBook Pro (11,3).
    Robin
    edited September 5
    @Robin
    No VPN or firewall running on my Macbook laptop (MacOS 10.15.6) running Fing 2.10
    No matter how many times I select the network context, the same error message returns. I've even tried selecting different contexts (like Office) with no change in behavior. It's as if Fing does not remember the selection.

admin
    Thanks @randomstring
    Have you tried to set the network context from the device scan page? Scan for devices and then go to network tab and then click on context and then set it from there and then check if the issue persists?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    @Robin Same result. I go to "See all Devices" from the home page, I click "refresh" it starts the scan and then the set context dialog appears again. dialog goes away.  Select context, click "refresh" and the context dialog reappears. This cycle repeats for as many times as I'm willing to keep selecting and hitting refresh. or restart the app.

Updated to 2.2.0 today. Same problem.

admin
    Hi @randomstring
    Can you please delete the network identified by Fing desktop from the web app or Fing mobile app and then run the scan on Fing desktop again to see if the issue persists? Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    @Robin won't that delete my network history? 
    Question: What does Fing do if you have multiple WiFi access points with different MAC addresses? does Fing index networks based on SSID or MAC address of the router? Or some hybrid? Could having multiple APs confuse Fing in this way?
    admin
    @Robin won't that delete my network history? 
    Question: What does Fing do if you have multiple WiFi access points with different MAC addresses? does Fing index networks based on SSID or MAC address of the router? Or some hybrid? Could having multiple APs confuse Fing in this way?
    Yes, that will delete the network history. For Fing desktop, you can only scan the current access point and if you scan another access point from Fing desktop, then it will create a separate network. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)