when I scan ports I disconnect, wondering why

SinisterMachineSinisterMachine Member Posts: 1
so I'm using one galaxy s8+ as a hotspot with pdanet+ and any device I try to scan ports with on it via the pdanet connection disconnects from the hotspot. I see 2 ports open before the disconnect. 2nd one is 8000. All of the devices but the hotspot device do have Android q and are samsung. Ive never had an issue quite like this so I'm unsure what may be behind it. Is it android q? Is it the pda net app and the VPN connection on the connected devices? Maybe something else? What can I do to fix it? It has me curious because the scan starts and is working but something kicks me from the connection because of it. 

Answers

• kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @SinisterMachine welcome to the community and thanks for asking your question.
    I don't know if that was a means of testing by the Fing team.  Maybe @Robin can help us, initiate a test in their lab to see if we receive the same result as you?
    I can't imagine a reason that it would drop your network connection doing a port scan.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,828
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    thanks @kltaylor
    Upon my checking, Fing app does not seem to be the issue here and if you are not using Fingbox, then Fing app cant cause this issue. I would advise @SinisterMachine to check with your ISP if they have any advise.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!