Way to override Fingbox DNS provider settings?

jthigh71jthigh71 Member Posts: 2
First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
I'm trying to move all the devices in my network away from my ISP, and I've setup pi-hole to handle those requests going forward.  I'm handing out the pi-hole IP via DHCP and most every device on my network is now using pi-hole for DNS... except the FingBox is exceptional. It's either hard-coded or stuck and won't emit any DNS queries that I can see to pi-hole.  Is there something I am missing to persuade the Fingbox to use the DNS that is being handed to it via DHCP when it boots up?

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but I don't see a way from the Fing app on my smartphone to change how my local Fingbox handles DNS queries....It just says, "Network configuration .... Dynamic IP"

Tagged:

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,458
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @jthigh71 , lets see what Fing says.  @Robin , would you be able to tell us if the Fingbox uses hard coded DNS or does it use the DNS servers that ones DHCP server assigns?
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,391
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks @Marc
    Fingbox is not hardcoded and uses DNS servers that the DHCP server assigns. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!