Fingbox ISP report: the Internet performance report now shows widespread ISP outages

VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKAdministrator Posts: 2,232 admin
Hello all,
Just a quick update that the ISP report had a little update and now shows widespread ISP outages and links to the Internet Outages website.
Here's an example below, and you should expect to see this in your requested and monthly ISP reports.
If any questions or comments, let me know below! 

Community Manager at Fing

Tagged:
PoohCarlo_from_Fingevok

Comments

• PoohPooh Member Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not quite sure about the last bit "Not happy with your internet performance?" - many folks here in the US have a grand 'choice' of one ISP and experience has shown how little those ISP's seem to care (e.g. Comcast). Feels a little 'running salt into the wounds' to me...
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
    kltaylorVioletChepilkeithatpda
  • kltaylorkltaylor Member Posts: 558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pooh said:
    Not quite sure about the last bit "Not happy with your internet performance?" - many folks here in the US have a grand 'choice' of one ISP and experience has shown how little those ISP's seem to care (e.g. Comcast). Feels a little 'running salt into the wounds' to me...
    Tell me about it, where I live we have a choice of CenturyLink or Comcast ... pick one.
    Gone are the days when companies could tap into the internet superhighway vein and actually be a competitor.  Competitors have all been purchased and owned by the corporations.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    VioletChepilPooh
  • VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKAdministrator Posts: 2,232 admin
    I see what you mean @Pooh we do have some users creating quite a bit of noise towards their ISPs on Twitter through the new Outage Detector website here: https://app.fing.com/internet
    I imagine some are able to get discounts because of this too! 

kltaylorThibaudl
  • kltaylorkltaylor Member Posts: 558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 20
    No surprise to us, eh @Pooh?
    ...and this is business-class internet.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    Pooh
  • VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKAdministrator Posts: 2,232 admin
    ISP selection is tough of course! All, you can try the new report before the end of the month if you like. (It'll be sent automatically at the end of the month).
    - Just open the Fing app
    - Go to Fingbox network and network tab
    - Click on Internet Performance and then hit ‘Report’ 
    @Pooh have you tried the new report yet? 
    @Lee_Bo @Ajax @adam @Marc @TheCustomCave what do you think? 

Carlo_from_FingMarc
  • MarcMarc Member Posts: 427 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s funny, I’m looking at July’s and the new one trying to figure out what is different. Had to go back to this post and of course @VioletChepil has it highlighted and circled etc. Anyway, I think any opportunity you can take to give more useful info on a report, I say go for it. This is fine.... I actually like the get in touch with your isp feature. Not sure if anyone will actually use it but it’s a nice touch.

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    VioletChepil
  • TheCustomCaveTheCustomCave Member Posts: 47 ✭✭✭
    @VioletChepil I'm quite enjoying it so far. I've just been doing a bit of testing as to why mine was picking up slower than it should be - I've got my Fingbox running through a PoE adaptor which is limited to 10/100
    VioletChepil