iPhone 11 makes no connection to thé fingbox

robby_12robby_12 Member Posts: 7
First Comment Photogenic
edited August 2020 in Fingbox

I put the app fingbox on my iPhone 11 and turned on the location but still it doesn't work

My wife has an iPhone 8 and it works

the cause must be the IPhone 11, which means that connection with the Fingbox cannot be established

There must be a new update of the fingbox for new devices including the iPhone 11. I tried everything and have spent a lot of time trying. I am an ICT Administrator so I know what i’m talking About.

Comments

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,745
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @robby_12
    Are you using ios14 on your iPhone? If yes, I would like you to follow these steps and location permissions pop up will appear to be enabled.

1) Open Fing App and Click on the Fingbox/Network name from the top.

2) Go to "Network" tab and click on "Edit" near the MAP icon

3) Clear out the Network information such as Address etc.

4) Next, to the MAP section, there is a small icon to auto-detect location. Click on the icon and location permissions will be asked.

5) Click "Save"

Also, Can you delete the network identified by Fing app and then sign out and then sign in again and then scan for Fingbox to see if you are able to find Fingbox or not?

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • robby_12robby_12 Member Posts: 7
    First Comment Photogenic

Hi Robin,

i did everything you wrote above but it still does not work. It works on the IPhone 8 but not on the Iphone 11. The Iphone 11 is visible in the app but it blocks the internet. I’m really done with all this.

admin
    robby_12 said:

Hi Robin,

i did everything you wrote above but it still does not work. It works on the IPhone 8 but not on the Iphone 11. The Iphone 11 is visible in the app but it blocks the internet. I’m really done with all this.

Can you DM me the MAC address of the Fingbox? Also, to confirm, you are not able to add the Fingbox to your Fing account on iPhone 11. Is that right? 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • robby_12robby_12 Member Posts: 7
    First Comment Photogenic

Fix the problem with the iphone 11

admin
    robby_12 said:

Fix the problem with the iphone 11

As asked before, Can you DM me the MAC address of the Fingbox? Also, to confirm, you are not able to add the Fingbox to your Fing account on iPhone 11. Is that right? 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)