'Resume' from 'Devices' screen results in 'block'

ChairstackerChairstacker Member, Beta Tester Posts: 6
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
I've had several occasions now where a device gets blocked instead of having the internet access resumed.
This seems to happen regularly when I long-press in the screen that shows all my devices on my Android tablet and select 'Resume'.
All other options in the pop-up menu seem to work fine, e.g.:
  • when I select 'Ping', the ping screen comes up
  • when I select 'Block' I'm even asked if I want the device to be 'kicked out of the network'
But when I select 'Resume' there is no action or confirmation shown on screen, it simply blocks the device without confirmation or even a notification.

Comments

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,695
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Chairstacker
    Can you share the screenshot of the issue? Also, which version of Fing app are you using?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • ChairstackerChairstacker Member, Beta Tester Posts: 6
    This happens on both my Android devices where I run the Fing App V9.1.0. 
    Posting a screenshot wouldn't be much help because it's a process that doesn't work.
    The only thing that would show that would be a video, but I do NOT want to share MAC addresses on this forum that I cannot edit out of the video as I have neither the tools nor the skills to do that, sorry.
    admin
    Hi @Chairstacker
    Can you create a video and then DM me the file to investigate this. So ar, I have not been able to replicate the issue. So, I would require the video to investigate this.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Hi @Robin - any progress on this?
    I have seen a few new versions coming in but the issue on both my Samsung devices is still the same.
    admin
    Hi @Robin - any progress on this?
    I have seen a few new versions coming in but the issue on both my Samsung devices is still the same.
    With our new version of Fing app, this should have been rectified. If you are still facing this issue, Can you share the screenshot of the error and the type of device you are using and Fing app version?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Hi @Robin,
    the issue is still the same and so is the process that fails (as you can see in the video I sent you via DM),
    Werner
    admin
    Hi @Robin,
    the issue is still the same and so is the process that fails (as you can see in the video I sent you via DM),
    Werner
    Can you let me know of the device and its O.S and also send a new video from the latest version so I can pass it on to developers for investigation? Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    @Robin - I have changed to a new device - it's now a Pixel 4a running on Andoid 10 - and the error is still the same.
    The new video will still show the same issue, just look at the changes of the 'Office' device.
    I'll PM it to you.
    admin
    Thanks @Chairstacker
    I will investigate the issue. In the meantime, can you confirm if you can unblock the device or not? Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)