Upon installation, Catalina says "The app has been modified, and its code does not match the origina

CmcbhiCmcbhi Member, Beta Tester Posts: 5
First Comment Photogenic
Running Catalina 10.15.6 on a late 2013 iMac. I am reinstalling Fing Desk top after completely deleting Fing.
I get the ,message "The app has been modified, and its code does not match the original signed code.".
What now? 

Comments

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,081
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Cmcbhi
    Can you share the screenshot of this error so I can investigate? Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • CmcbhiCmcbhi Member, Beta Tester Posts: 5
    First Comment Photogenic

admin
    Hi @Cmcbhi

Did you actually install it by dragging into the Application folder, or did you try to use it without installing? Did you install it using Admin Privileges? 

For any error related to Fing desktop not able to open, check these links which you can use for a solution: 
    https://www.fireebok.com/resource/how-to-fix-that-app-can-not-open-on-macos-catalina.html 

Safely open App on Mac: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491 

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    First Comment Photogenic
    Yep, I attempted installation by dragging into the application folder using Admin Privilege. 
    My concern is the note that the app was “damaged”. 
    I really dislike overriding the safeguards on an iMac. I’d really like to download from the App Store as the iOS Fing App is downloaded. 
    Is there any chance that Fing will jump through the necessary hoops to get the iMac App signed and notarized?
    First Comment Photogenic
    None of the above options work.
    I cannot install Fing Desktop.
    What now
    First Comment Photogenic
    I've tried everything you suggest, searched Apple and stopped all my adware/malware blockers.
    Every time I download the .dmg and try to install, I get thre "Fing is Damaged" report.
    How do I install Fung on my iMac?
    admin
    Cmcbhi said:
    I've tried everything you suggest, searched Apple and stopped all my adware/malware blockers.
    Every time I download the .dmg and try to install, I get thre "Fing is Damaged" report.
    How do I install Fung on my iMac?
    Can you try installing Fing app in safe mode and then check if the installation works or not? Also, can you make another browser as your default browser and then check if it works or not?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)