How do I print or share a log from my Fingbox using Windows 10?

StarpilotStarpilot Member Posts: 5
Photogenic First Comment
I want to print or share a log for a specific device.

Answers

• kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Starpilot said:
    I want to print or share a log for a specific device.
    As I'm actively in the process of purchasing a FINGbox instead of using another product, I am going to do my best to help.  Please understand that I am more-or-less guessing with some of this, so please bear with me.
    First, are you accessing the UI from a desktop environment or from mobile?
    For desktop; see if you can highlight some of the text and then use Ctrl-C to copy the contents.  Open Notepad and type Ctrl-V to Paste.  Let's see if that works at all.
    I'm assuming that there is a Print function if there is you may wish to download an app for your Windows machine called CutePDF (use https://www.ninite.com to install it).
    You can then choose to Print the information to a PDF document that can be saved to the local machine as filename.pdf.
    If it's in a mobile environment, you'll need to consult the wise one known as Google to determine how to perform a snapshot on your particular device.  Once done, take screenshots of the information that you wish to share and attach them as files/images.
    These are just basics of capturing information.  If you can be my 'hands-on' I should be able to walk you through it.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
  • StarpilotStarpilot Member Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Comment
    Hello Kltaylor,
    Thank you so much for responding so quickly. Ahhhh, the Wise old Google - really made me smile.
    I am accessing the GUI from a desktop computer.
    I didn't think of copying and pasting, I'll give that a try.
    I use Print Key Pro V1.05 for my screen shots, it's really feature rich and is a great help - I used that program this morning to grab the display and then pasted each grab into the email - it worked but it was very kludgey 
  • VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Moving this one over to the Fingbox category. 
    Would using the app now be an option to take the screen grab?
    I know these can come out much more pleasant looking.
    You can also set-up some kinds of automated logs with IFTTT perhaps:
    https://ifttt.com/fing
    You can record a presence Log in a google sheet like on this one:
    https://ifttt.com/applets/RuHiZhYA-have-fingbox-record-a-presence-log-in-a-google-spreadsheet

Community Manager at Fing

Photogenic First Comment
    Thank you Violet,
    Apologies for not posting in the right area.
    I hadn't heard of "ifitt" I'll give that a try, thank you.
    I searched and searched in Fingbox for the ability to print or share and I guess there just isn't any.  I'm surprised that "Fing" doesn't have that capability.
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Starpilot sorry couldn't be of more help.
    You can export your device list from the app:
    - Devices
    - 3 burger stack in top right
    - Export
    Does that help?

Photogenic First Comment
    I'm using the Fingbox on my windows 10 computer and I don't see the "burger stack" in the top right.  
    All I see are the Gear for deleting the device, the Shield to block the device, 2 thick vertical bars to pause the Internet, and a slide button for State Changes.
    And I don't see any switches for exporting a log or data anywhere on the GUI...so I'm not understanding how to export.

VioletChepil
    Photogenic First Comment
    I did find a bent arrow symbol on the Dashboard that allows export in different formats but all it shows are the devices in the network that the Fingbox discovered, but no choices for a specific Log.
    VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes device logs aren't available in current export options, instead only device list.
    You can request the feature for Fing app users here:
    https://community.fing.com/categories/feature-requests