Can’t change provider for Internet Outage alerts

DwerkDwerk Member Posts: 5
First Comment

I keep getting alerts for Comcast outages but I’ve tried several times to switch the provider to CenturyLink. Every time I switch providers it switches back.

Comcast goes out so often it’s getting pretty annoying.

Tagged:

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,081
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Dwerk
    Are you using 2 ISP's at your place? Check out the new internet outage detection site here: https://internet.fing.io 

You can log in to Internet outage detection via your existing Fing account. Just make sure your home location and ISP are set-ups correctly so you can start receiving notifications about outages affecting your ISP. 

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • DwerkDwerk Member Posts: 5
    First Comment

Thanks for the response!

I tried what you suggested and the notification settings still won’t hold. My ISP is listed as CenturyLink in the app but the notification settings won’t hold to them and always switch back to Comcast.

admin
    Hi @Dwerk
    Are you using 2 ISP's at your place? Are you using Fingbox as well?

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    First Comment

Hi Robin,

Only CenturyLink and no Fing box.

admin
    Dwerk said:

Hi Robin,

Only CenturyLink and no Fing box.

Can you check again on the web app if the correct Home ISP is set up or not? Just make sure your home location and ISP are set-ups correctly so you can start receiving notifications about outages affecting your ISP. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    First Comment

That seems to switch back to Comcast too.

admin
    Dwerk said:

That seems to switch back to Comcast too.

It seems like the Home location is not able to save for your account. Can you please let me know what steps are you performing while settings the correct location on web app?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    First Comment

Hi Robin,

I think I got it. I have Fing on iPhone and iPad. I had been fighting it on my phone without changing settings on my iPad. Once I set it on my iPad it seems to hold.

Thanks!

Robin