Australia's NBN FIXED WIRELESS, when will it be fixed.

keithkeith Member, Beta Tester Posts: 64
25 Likes 10 Comments First Anniversary Name Dropper
✭✭✭
As a long time user, five+ years, frustration is an understatement. 
I have used three retail providers, Harbour, Telstra, AussieBB, these companies manage part of the network, the connection between the real ISP and the end user.  (a dumb simple view) 
There are three variables, keeping it simple, rsp, isp and the wireless connection to the user. 
With fixed wireless each gets blamed in turn, depending on which you talk to. 
I am tired, nbnfw is a fantastic system, let down by inadequate infrastructure. 
(wireless communication is an unbelievably magic technology, magic is the only word for it) 
Peak hours congestion is the main issue, honesty by all involved would help. 
Speed varies from 25/5 down to 1/1, I know an average connection like mine can do 40/20 because it has. 
In 2019 NBN Maintenance has been a weekly event, it would be so nice for someone to actually communicate with end user, what are the doing, when will it be fixed? 
(please do Not mention the weather or the wireless limitations, they are Not part of this issue) 

VioletChepilM3ntal_mESS

Comments

• VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully we'll get more Australian users on this thread soon the more people we invite to the community.

Community Manager at Fing

VioletChepilM3ntal_mESS
  • TelcoSydneyTelcoSydney Member Posts: 7
    5 Likes Photogenic Founder First Comment
    ✭✭
    Hi Keith,
    Thanks for posting.
    I have reviewed some of the other threads on other forums and also your site in Gordon.
    There are 2 NBN FW towers close to your site, but I'm not sure which one you connect to.
    How is your mobile phone coverage & speed? Do you have a similar experience or is mobile better?
    Telco Sydney
    [email protected]
    VioletChepil
  • keithkeith Member, Beta Tester Posts: 64
    ✭✭✭

Telco?

I guess you work with one of them, appreciate the interest.

If you search keithatpda you will find a lot of the history.

Some rsps keep it verbal or abstract, Harbourisp and abb, there is little to see.

Telstra were an excellent supplier till nbns admin confused them and they went os for support, a shame.

My odu is at about 670mtrs, I have seen 40+ mbps off peak. Fw technology is not the issue.

Checking today they have tweaked something, we up to 10 offpeak.

Mobile speeds here are normally worse than fw but for the last 10 days better during peak. (2-5 mbps)

One tower 28klms los the other two not quiet line of site, hills and trees. (Optus)

VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭
    Also, I am on 2.3ghz , doubt we would have anything if we were on  (the recently added 3.5ghz.
    The towers just can't handle the peak streaming load, I am pretty sure.
    I believe there is enough "backhaul"? capacity. (I was assured.)
    VioletChepil
  • TelcoSydneyTelcoSydney Member Posts: 7
    5 Likes Photogenic Founder First Comment
    ✭✭
    Yes, you would likely stay on the 2.3GHz Band, as the higher frequency have greater loss over distance.
    Video usage and streaming continues to grow year on year and as more subscribers take up NBN services, this continues to increase the utilisation of the network.
    We have checked the CVC utilisation charts for ABB and there doesn't appear to be congestion on the Ballarat POI, as suggested in the other post, we recommend you share your isolation test result with your ISP and have that cascades up to NBN for further troubleshooting.
    In addition, streaming is one use, but it is more important that your business applications are working and you are still able to have a productive network.

VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭
    I trust abb on their cvc assurance, pretty sure it is just too many people sharing the towers bandwidth.
    Hoping the many days of maintenance in 2019 might mean change will come eventually.
    I have sent the complete fing monthly report to abb a few times, unfortunately it does not fit abb/nbnco's rules.
    Nbnco provide very little information to rsps or end users in my experience.
    Now accc/choice are surveying fw here, the real nbn fw story might get out.
    I will get my first "honestybox" report in a few days.
    Thanks for the interest.
    VioletChepil