Why does the Fing app keeps freezing up every time I try to edit devices names?

iggy67iggy67 Member Posts: 4
First Comment

Why does the Fing app keeps freezing up every time I try to edit devices names?

Every time I want to edit the name of a device the app freezes up and I can’t do anything I don’t know if this has anything to do because I’m using an iPhone Pro 11 or it’s just a stupid thing the app is doing just to lock me out. I have a few devices in the device list that I need to add names to anything shows up is generic.It would be nice if I could change it to the name of the device not just freaking generic but the app freezes up when I try to edit.

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,044
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @iggy67
    Can you confirm if you are using Fingbox and if you have enabled location permissions for the Fing app? Also, Can you also share the crash report logs so I can investigate? Link: https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=nra79npr#:~:text=The%20first%20provides%20you%20with,Go%20to%20Organizer%20%3E%20Crashes.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • iggy67iggy67 Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    I do not have a Fingbox. Locaion is set to "While Using the App" on my iPhone 11 pro. I don't now understand how or know how to find or navagate in the iPhone to find the log files. Someone has to do that for me becuse I have ADHD that perents me in doing stuff like that.
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,044
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    iggy67 said:
    I do not have a Fingbox. Locaion is set to "While Using the App" on my iPhone 11 pro. I don't now understand how or know how to find or navagate in the iPhone to find the log files. Someone has to do that for me becuse I have ADHD that perents me in doing stuff like that.
    Your iPhone might have been upgraded to ios14 as well. Can you please follow this link and see if anything changes: https://www.fing.com/news/private-mac-address-on-ios-14
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    First Comment
    No, I still have 13.7 and it keeps saying its uptodate  I try to search for software updates and it said no new updates are avaible.
    First Comment
    This app is useless. There is no way to do anything when it keeps freeing up. Its just getting worse freeing up on every tap you make.
    Uninstalling this and closing this ticket.
This discussion has been closed.