Remove fingbox from account

Hi,

Can you please remove my fingbox from my account? I don's see the options to remove it as suggested in other threads and I intend to sell it.

Thank you,
Thomas

Answers

• kltaylor
    kltaylor Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @thomas_n welcome to the community and thanks for asking your question.
    Will send this request to @Robin for processing.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    Robin_Ex_Fing
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @thomas_n
    Can you please DM me the screenshot of the Fingbox displaying MAC address so I can guide you? If you have Fingbox connected to your Fing app then you can follow these steps to disconnect it yourself.

To move your Fingbox to a new network or disconnect, follow these simple steps:

• Click on the ‘Home‘ tab
    • Choose ‘All Networks’ (under the ‘Scan for devices’ button) screen which contains a list of all your networks.
    • Choose the Network with the Fingbox and hold down your finger an option to ‘Deactivate’ or ‘Remove from Home’ will appear.
    • Click ‘Deactivate’. This will remove the network you have already configured, freeing up Fingbox to be assigned to a new network.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Quoi
    Quoi Member Posts: 5
    Second Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited August 24, 2022 #4

I gave a V1 Fing box to a family member who has since lost it. I recently opted to look at the Fing app and which stills see the existence of the no longer connected Fing. It’s even allocating IP addresses on the 10.0… network rather than 192.168… which is madness. I can’t remove the Fing per instructions so I can only gather some injection poisoning is corrupting my network. Any suggestions of how I can get rid of the ghost Fing box once and for all?

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 3,079
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Quoi, if you go to the Home Screen of the mobile app, scroll down to the current WiFi section.  Click on the far right hamburger menu (The thing that looks like a list) in that section.  You will then see a list of monitored networks.  Swipe left on the no longer needed network and click on the trash can icon.  That should rid you of the old Fingbox.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Quoi

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately, there is no hamburger menu option available for the disconnected Fing box, see snapshot. Some devices are connecting to the phantom device with resulting lack of network connectivity!

• Quoi

Actually, I drill into their only available burger menu and removed the device. However, it’s still stuck in a 2 year time gap and allocating IP addresses from a fictional DHCP service on a 10 network and not the 192. Should I power cycle my router to clear the air?

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 3,079
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Lower down on that same area is a section called scanned networks. Make sure you delete “bigger bang” from that as well.

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...