How to change the user a device is assigned to?

DEMinSoCALDEMinSoCAL Member Posts: 2
Photogenic
iOS Fing app 9.1.3 -- keep going in circles trying to figure out how to change which user a device is assigned to?  It's already assigned to one user but I want to change to another user.  I have a Fingbox v1.
The intuitive way would be to tap the device, go to "Manage this device" and tap the "Assigned to" button to be given the option to change the user.  But sadly, no.  That would be too easy.  ;)
So what is the trick to change the user assigned to a device in iOS app?

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,280
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @DEMinSoCAL, go to  the device tab, then choose the device you want to reassign. Scroll down to the manage this device area and click on the assigned to person icon.  That will take you to a person page. Once your at the person page, click edit (top right), deselect the device and then save your edit.  The device will now be available for assignment to another person.  
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Robin
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,044
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks @Marc
    To further elaborate in detail what Marc said

To change a device from one user to another, please follow these steps:

1) Sign in to Fing App and Click on Fingbox/Network name from the Home tab.

2)Go to the 'People' tab and click on the User from which you want to remove the Device

3) Click the Left button saying 'Edit' and it will open the User's page.

4) Unassign the Device by click on it and the devices become free to assign them to other User.

5) Click Save and Go back to the People Tab and select the User you want to assign the device to.

6) Click Edit again and go to the User's Page.

7) Look for the device you want to assign and then click on it.

8) If you want to monitor that device then click on 'Change' and it will change to 'Presence' on the device selected.

9) It will ask whether it is a personal device. Click 'Yes' and click 'Save'.

It will start monitoring those devices for changes and will create a timeline for review. The reason users are not able to see the Timeline for selective Users because their device is not set for Digital Presence.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to add its the only way I can tell who is home or who is not...  It's a great feature when you combine it with alerting.
    Robin
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,044
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Marc said:
    I have to add its the only way I can tell who is home or who is not...  It's a great feature when you combine it with alerting.
    I use it with IFTTT to light up the Philips Hue or blink so I know who arrived while I am at home. :smile:

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Robin said:
    Marc said:
    I use it with IFTTT to light up the Philips Hue or blink so I know who arrived while I am at home. :smile:

I never thought of that.  I could do that with my Wemo's.  Very cool.
    Robin