GUI will not start from Link after RESTART

RedearlRedearl Member Posts: 8
First Comment Photogenic
Fing Version 2.0.0
Windows 10 ver1909(build 18363.900)
IF the system does a RESTART (NOT a shutdown or Logout) or i imitate it, then when it comes back up, FING will not open from the desktop.shortcut.
It will open from the taskbar if i right click and tell it to open.
When i look at the active process, there is Three (3) Fing process running in the system.
I then have to kill them, and then shortcut will work.

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,191
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Redearl , pulling in some forum members to possibly assist? @Robin @Ciaran , @kltaylor , @Pixelpopper any idea from a Windows OS perspective what might be going on?
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • PixelpopperPixelpopper Moderator Posts: 130
    100 Comments 25 Likes First Anniversary Member of the Month
    ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi @Redearl It is quite likely that the desktop shortcut has been corrupted somehow. Just delete the desktop shortcut and create another.
    search for the Fing executable then Highlight it,right click & from the context menu select Send to/desktop (create shortcut) - this will generate a new shortcut which will, hopefully, remedy the problem.

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,785
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Redearl
    Can you please check your system tray on your windows and you will find the Fing Desktop under there running in the background. You will be able to open the Fing Desktop from there. If you want to change the Minimize to System tray settings you can do that by clicking on version number of Fing Desktop on the bottom corner and click "Preferences". 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • RedearlRedearl Member Posts: 8
    First Comment Photogenic
    I know that - the issue is that the desktop icon or the one in the menu SHOULD work, there in an underlying issue that causes them to not work after a restart.
    First Comment Photogenic
    I did the recreate icon, and it did not fix the issue. there is something else not right.
    admin
    Hi @Redearl
    You havent replied if the Fing desktop was running in the background. You can check this by checking the system tray and if you find the application there then you can open the application from there. If the application is not running in the background and you are unable to open the Fing desktop from the icon then this is something we need to investigate.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    First Comment Photogenic
    YES the icon  is in  the system tray, and i can open it from there.
    THAT IS NOT THE ISSUE, the desktop icon or the menu icon SHOULD open the application any way..
    admin
    Redearl said:
    YES the icon  is in  the system tray, and i can open it from there.
    THAT IS NOT THE ISSUE, the desktop icon or the menu icon SHOULD open the application any way..
    This can be taken as a suggestion for future versions. But in the meantime, if you want to continue using the desktop icon then you can disable the Minimize to tray feature. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)