Anybody recognize what B0:D5:CC:5D:DE:8A [Texas Instruments] is?

kquinn99kquinn99 Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 2
First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
Anybody know what the device B0:D5:CC:5D:DE:8A [Texas Instruments] could be?  I realize TI chip-sets are in a bunch of stuff, but I cannot determine what this one is/was.  Its off-line now.

Answers

• DurgDurg Florida USAMember Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic

My Ring cam/flood lights look similar.

• kquinn99kquinn99 Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic

Thanks Durg, but indeed TI is in Ring and lots if other things. I'm hoping the 4th to 6th octets tell a story someone else has determined.

• scacacescacace Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    There are a few databases on the internet  to identify the MAC to Manufacturer and they all come up Texas Instruments.. (chipset of NIC).  If it is on your network you might want to check for labels on your devices / boxes, as it is a common way of manufactures to id / register them.   The contribution of the MAC address to these databases is voluntary.. but you are correct that the first 6 are typically is unique.  In the past a RARP  might give you the IP Address on your network  from the MAC address.
  • MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,277
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    If the box trick doesn’t work, you can power down your devices one at a time till the device no longer responds to a ping within Fing. A few folks have used this to identify otherwise unidentifiable devices. 
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    GregWesternSydney