How can you add custom locations in the Placement List for your network.

tombenson
tombenson Member Posts: 1
My wife and I both work from home full time and as such we have multiple offices in our home and dedicated locations for shared IT resources ie: Networked Printers, Routers, Scanners, etc.
It would be a lot more useful to be able to add custom locations to the Placement list so we can accurately indicate the location of a device without having to put it in a note.
And I searched but could not find anything regarding such, but I am sure that someone will quickly point out wher this has been documented ad nauseum.
TIA,
Tom B
CmputrAceweboricanrudolphwqieufqi3f34f13f1fClarkieMac84
5 votes

Active · Last Updated

Best Answer

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,052
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    #2 Accepted Answer
    Hi @tombenson
    Are you referring the placement option on Fing app or Fing desktop? If you are referring to fing desktop then it can definitely be taken as a suggestion as this has not yet been implemented yet on Fing desktop. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!

Comments

• tombenson
    tombenson Member Posts: 1
    Yes please, I am referring to the Fing Desktop for OSX. Thanks.T
  • Ciaran
    Ciaran Administrator Posts: 1,180
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    THanks @tombenson, I have turned this into an 'idea' and moved it to the Ideas category for other users to upvote and consideration from our Product & Engineering teams. Thanks again
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

• CmputrAce
    CmputrAce Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    I upvoted as I have a 4 bedroom house and would like to be able to separate Master Bedroom from the children's bedrooms. Same for closets as our main router is in one of the non-Master Bedroom closets.