"Not Connected"

JGSINGJGSING Member, Beta Tester Posts: 31
10 Comments First Anniversary Photogenic
I was trying to make sens of the confusing article "How to set up your favorite devices on Fing App".
I wanted to try to identify the devices on my network.
Though the article did not give exact instruction on how to do this, I sort of figured out that I should go to Home and then click on "See all devices".  But, it said "Requires a wireless or wired connection to scan".
Well I AM connect to my network, and then to the intent via my network.  That is how I am writing this.
Why does it say that I am not connected when I am?
How do I remedy this situation?
You should have a way to upload a screen grab.  Then you could see your app saying that I am not connected, and next to that listing my internet provider.
This is all very disappointing. 
John

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,785
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @JGSING
    Are you using any VPN connection? which device are you using to run fing desktop? Are you on the latest update 2.1.0? Also, Can you share a screenshot of the home screen of the Fing desktop?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • JGSINGJGSING Member, Beta Tester Posts: 31
    Yes, I am using a VPN. (Private Internet Access).  Every time I start it, it wants to know whether it is home, office etc.  Then when I close it, Fing wants to know if my ISP (Frontier) is home, office etc.
    Fing app is running on Windows 2.0.0
    Fing-5.jpg is how it looked yesterday when I left my message.
    Fing-6.jpg is how it looks today.
    Why the diference?

John
    Here's an update.
    At 1:00 PM today I started my VPN.
    I got this notification from the WIndows Fing app. (attached) 
    1) 10.22.11.4 is not Frontier, it's the VPN
    2) The Fingbox should know this.

admin
    Hi @JGSING
    I got in touch with our developers and We found out that the creation of Private Internet Access VPN always creates new subnetwork, and thus it will be identified as a new network every time. At the moment, there is no workaround for this. I am sorry for the inconvenience.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    If you know what it is, then you should be able to refer to my prior answer.
    There should be some way yo control this irritating behavior.
    admin
    JGSING said:
    If you know what it is, then you should be able to refer to my prior answer.
    There should be some way yo control this irritating behavior.
    Currently, there is no fix for that but I have already passed this to our developers and hopefully it will be reviewed over for future versions.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)