Recognize function failing on OS recognition

Paolone67Paolone67 Member Posts: 1
edited July 2020 in Fing Desktop
Hi,
I have a bunch of PCs in my home office and I would like Fing to correctly recognize the version of OS installed. Unfortunately for the most part of them Fing is able to tell me only "Windows 10" but is not able to tell me whether it's Home, Pro neither the build version.
Even with the automatic recognition made through the browser or QR reader the OS is not correctly detected.
Is there some service (like WMI) that should be activated on clients in order to have a correct and complete hardware + software recognition?
Thank you.
Tagged:

Answers

• kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Paolone67 welcome to the community and thanks for asking your question.
    I can absolutely understand the need to distinguish the version type of an OS above the base level (i.e., Windows 10).  I have not seen a method to use with Fing Desktop that will do this for us, however it can certainly become a community suggestion.
    Only thing that I would do is edit the area where the OS is and add an addendum to the descriptor stating the version information that you're looking for.  Outside of that, let's ask @Robin to see if this is a built in feature, if so how to make it happen, and if not, can we make it a wish item?!
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,760
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks @Marc
    Currently, to address this, the build version is not included and can be taken as a suggestion but the other factors like Windows 10 pro or home are present for manual recognition. Here is the screenshot from my phone

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,165
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I think @robin meant to tag @kltaylor..
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Robin
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,760
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Marc said:
    I think @robin meant to tag @kltaylor..
    I am sorry. Apologies. Too much on my mind :smile:

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Marc