Why is my location or network name wrong in Fing desktop

BowqtrBowqtr Member Posts: 5
First Comment Photogenic
I have fing boxes in several locations, each with a name. and I get using Fing Desktop in London when it has completed all its checks that, All is good in Hyperoptic in Stepney which is the name of my other network in Yorkshire, not in London where I have Hyperoptic.   When I look at Home and under "Your Internet Provider" I don't see Stepney in the application, and I see in the full report the correct location, so unsure what is originating this bug in which networks appears to get confused if you have more than one.

Answers

• RWildRWild Member Posts: 48
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Answer
    ✭✭
    This interesting. This sort of thing occurs when people have more than one ISP/network/fingbox at a ingle location but this is the first time I've heard that it does this when the devices and separated "geographically." It seems that Fing has servers monitoring the boxes and they only will give detailed information about whichever they decide is the local network, even if it is not the one you are using at the moment.

Hopefully, someone more knowledgeable will post on this topic.
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,828
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Bowqtr
    Can you share the screenshot of the location error on Fing desktop so I can guide you?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • BowqtrBowqtr Member Posts: 5
    First Comment Photogenic
    Sorry for delay here it is...my network is not in "Stepney"

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,828
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Bowqtr
    Can you click on Scan Device and then select the Network tab and then scroll down to see if correct location is entered on Fing desktop, otherwise you can click on Edit and enter the location manually and save. (See attached picture)
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • BowqtrBowqtr Member Posts: 5
    First Comment Photogenic
    Thank you