How can I detect network failures in a conected device?

edsveredsver Member Posts: 2
First Comment
edited July 2020 in Fing Desktop
I repair laptops, and I have one which randomly disconected from the network.  I made some repairs (mask pin 20 of the wifi card, stop some startup programs, and services), and I want to know if the problem is fixed.  I want to know if the device is offline, so i suscribed to have the notifications on state change active and I began to test the device.  I made a test disconecting it from the network, and expected some kind of notification from fing, but it never detected it was disconected.  I even changed the absent period from automatic to 1 minute and waited for several minutes.  Fing never detected or notified me about this.  I have updated my account but in the other device I installed Fing desktop and used another account.  When I disconected that laptop from the network, I had a local notification in fing in that device, but I didn´t received any in my personal laptop with my desktop fing with my suscribed account nor in my phone´s fing app.  Could you help me with this?  Thanks in advance.  Best regards.

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,785
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @edsver
    Are you using Fingbox? For real-time alerts of devices getting connected/disconnected on the mobile app, you will need a Fingbox. Fing desktop is a separate product than a Fingbox. For the device which did not provide any alert on Fing desktop. Can you recheck if the alert is enabled for that device? Please DM me the account email address which you used on Fing desktop so I can guide you further?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    edsver
  • edsveredsver Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Hi Robin, thanks for your answer.  I´m not sure how to DM you here.  I click on your name a left a message there.  I hope that is how.  Looking forward for your kind answer.
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,785
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    edsver said:
    Hi Robin, thanks for your answer.  I´m not sure how to DM you here.  I click on your name a left a message there.  I hope that is how.  Looking forward for your kind answer.
    You can refer to this article to DM. unfortunately, I have not received any DM. 
    Link: https://community.fing.com/discussion/3274/helping-hand-5-how-to-send-a-dm#latest
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!