Fing is not recognizing all devices on the network

TomJTomJ Member Posts: 9
First Comment Photogenic
I have several devices currently connected to the network, MAC, security cameras and my android phone.  Fing is not working correctly or the tool is weak.

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,828
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @TomJ
    Are you using the Fing Desktop or Fing mobile app? Also, are you connected via Wifi or ethernet connection? Also, I would like you to make sure that you have enabled all permissions required for the Fing app to operate. Please go to phone settings and set location permissions so Fingbox is able to read the SSID correctly and other required permissions to Fing app and then open Fing App and run a scan and see if anything changes.  

With new Android and Apple O.S versions, the location permissions are mandatory for the Fing App to operate and identify all the devices on the network. If you have not enabled the location permissions then every time you scan the network then Fing App will not be able to display the access point name and the device customizations will be lost and revert to the default value(Generic).  

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • TomJTomJ Member Posts: 9
    First Comment Photogenic
    I am running Fing Desktop connected via ethernet and tested Fing via wireless.  Fing does recognizes a few wireless devices connect to the router but did not recognize all such as the Wyze and my Samsung devices that were on the same wireless network as Fing on the PC.  I have the latest Fing version running on Windows 10 PC.  Very disappointing....
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,828
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    TomJ said:
    I am running Fing Desktop connected via ethernet and tested Fing via wireless.  Fing does recognizes a few wireless devices connect to the router but did not recognize all such as the Wyze and my Samsung devices that were on the same wireless network as Fing on the PC.  I have the latest Fing version running on Windows 10 PC.  Very disappointing....
    Can you check if the devices which are not identified on Fing desktop are connected to the same frequency as well like 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz as Fing desktop? Also, are you selecting the ethernet connection on Fing desktop for scanning or Wireless?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!