How can I turn off "Network netmask (prefix length) is not tuned correctly" warning?

jiraffejiraffe Member Posts: 1
I'm tired of getting this warning multiple times a day. (Or does anyone know how to configure the netmask for an eero network?)

Best Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,658
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    @jiraffe , did you set it from default?  Normally they are set at 255.255.255.0.  From what I can find its in the Network Settings -> Advanced Settings -> DHCP and NAT -> Manual IP section of your router configuration in the Eero app.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    jiraffe
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,828
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @jiraffe
    Thanks for your post. Can you confirm if you have the latest version of the Fing Desktop 1.1.0? To address your query, On our latest version, Next to the warning there is a question mark (?) icon, if you click on it then you will be able to MUTE the warning. Can you please click on the icon and then check if it resolves the issue or not?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    jiraffe

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,658
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Robin ,  could you also explain why he might be receiving it?  Is it a legitimate alert?
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    admin
    Hi @Marc
    The warning is based on the network context selected for the Fing Desktop i.e Home, Office and based on that, Fing Desktop runs multiple checks for the network. If you click on (?) icon next to warning, it will provide more info on same.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Marcjiraffe
  • DH_OregonDH_Oregon Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    I have gotten the same warning, and frankly, the information Fing links you too is not particularly well written and not helpful.  Under the heading "How can I fix this" it really only re-explains the problem and I am left without any better understanding of how to fix it.  It would be helpful if the information gave common examples of new settings for a smaller network, since that is what the warning is about.   Thank you.

admin
    DH_Oregon said:
    I have gotten the same warning, and frankly, the information Fing links you too is not particularly well written and not helpful.  Under the heading "How can I fix this" it really only re-explains the problem and I am left without any better understanding of how to fix it.  It would be helpful if the information gave common examples of new settings for a smaller network, since that is what the warning is about.   Thank you.

Thanks. I will definitely pass this feedback to our developers for review.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Marc