I have not found the Fing Desktop download to work, why not?

Phil51Phil51 Member Posts: 4
First Comment Photogenic
I have tried and tried and gone round in circles trying to download the Windows version of Fing, and nothing happens?

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,801
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Phil51, what link are you using?  Did you try this one?  Download for Windows
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Phil51Phil51 Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic
    I have tried this link many times on 2 laptops, one Win8.1, and two, Win 10. I just went round in circles with nothing happening. However I did manage to get a download from a third party site. But the result only gave me a command line version. If that is the correct version, I didn't understand it!
  • MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,801
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay away from the command line version at least for what you want the product to do.  Could your router or firewall be blocking downloads from the Fing site?  I tried the link from my Mac and was able to download it so I know the link works.  
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    First Comment Photogenic
    I have had no downloads bloked before , so i do't think that's it. I can connect with the link if I use my ipad but, I want it on my PC.. I will get rid of the command line version. Thank you for your help!
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 3,079
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Phil51 said:
    I have had no downloads bloked before , so i do't think that's it. I can connect with the link if I use my ipad but, I want it on my PC.. I will get rid of the command line version. Thank you for your help!
    Can you check with another browser as the link works for both Windows and Mac? Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    First Comment Photogenic
    Hi Robin, Thanks for the reply. Yes, now I have tried another browser, a file has downloaded, hopefully the right one.
    Robin