Network bridge slow down

JAFOJAFO Member Posts: 1

I have a Verizon 8800L jetpack connected to my orbi mesh router via a network bridge on my dell desktop. Is there a better way to make the connection? It seems that having to use a bridge really does slow the connection.

Thank you

Answers

• ScoobyScooby Member Posts: 167
    25 Answers 100 Comments 25 Awesomes 25 Likes
    ✭✭✭
    What type of ethernet connection does the Dell laptop have - 100Mb or 1Gb? And, what type of wifi card does the Dell laptop have?

I have an older Dell laptop, with wireless "N" wifi "built-in", but it only supports the 2.5GHz band. Theoretical speeds, on 2.5 Ghz, would only be 300Mb.

Then, there is the connection for the JetPack, itself. From Verizon, "Verizon 4G LTE wireless broadband is 10 times faster than 3G — able to handle download speeds between 5 and 12 Mbps (Megabits per second) and upload speeds between 2 and 5 Mbps, with peak download speeds approaching 50 Mbps."

Also, how many devices are sharing this connection?

Remember, you can only download the fastest speed, of the slowest connection. And, if that connection is shared among many devices, being used at the same time, that will further degrade the overall speed.

If you are using the JetPack, as it is the only Internet option you have, then, bridging it, to share the connection, is the best option, but can be slower than traditional Cable or DSL speeds.
    Robin